The Stare (6)

Avneet and Siddharth entered the room at the same time. They sat down on their chairs, both silent and nervous to start the conversation.

**Avu's POV:** Why isn't he talking? Is he still angry?

But as Siddharth remained silent, Avneet decided to start.

**Avu:** Siddharth, I'm sorry! Please don't be angry. I won't scold you anymore. Sorry again!

**Sid:** Huh, it's fine!

Siddharth then placed his hand on Avneet's and started talking charmingly.

**Avu's POV:** Aww, he looks so adorable, so cute when he talks like this. His eyes are so deep, so calm, as if they are always telling something! I see pain in his eyes, but I know that one day I will surely remove all his pain.

You might be wondering how I met him. He's a college student, and I'm a CID officer! It's actually quite simple. One year ago, I used to go to a park, and Siddharth also used to come there. We used to sit on the same bench. He was always quiet and silent, just looking around. I started talking to him first, just like today. Slowly, he also started talking to me. Soon we became friends. I even told him that I'm a CID officer. Gradually, I started developing feelings for him, but I was too shy to share my feelings. But then, a miracle happened—he proposed to me! Yes, he proposed to me! It was the best day of my life!

Since that day, my love for him has only grown. My feelings for him deepen every day, every moment. And you know what? I'm older than him; I'm 23 and he's just 19. But I believe that love has no age. Our age difference isn't too much, I guess. What do you all say?

I also have sympathy for this innocent soul. After he lost his parents, he became really alone. His first girlfriend left him too. I know I'm his second, but I have no problem with that because the biggest thing is that I love him, and I know that he loves me too. We keep our relationship private, except for my team members who know about us. As a CID officer, my life isn't secure, and I don't want him to fall into any danger because of me.

He's also depressed because he has endured so much pain at a young age. But I hope that he will be fine soon.

**POV ends.**

**Sid:** So what do you think?

**Avu:** About what?

**Sid:** Food!

**Avu:** Oh, yeah, yeah!

Then they ordered lots of food and had a lot of fun.

After that, they went to their respective homes.

**Avu's side:**

Avneet came out of the washroom, tying her wet hair in a towel. Her phone rang.

**Avu:** Hello! Yes, Dr. Taarika?

**Taarika:** Avneet, are you home?

**Avu:** Yes, I am.

**Taarika:** Listen, a disaster happened!

**Avu:** WHAT? WHAT HAPPENED?

**Taarika:** You remember the paper we got from Ashi's purse?

**Avu:** Yes, I do.

**Taarika:** It was too difficult to read the writing, and when I tried to clear it with a chemical, it got ruined! We are really sorry!

**Avu:** WHAAAT? OH GOD! Do you understand the mistake you've made? It was evidence!

**Taarika:** I know, and I'm sorry! But now we can't do anything about it. I can say that a single word was written on it. It wasn't very crucial, but yes, we lost a piece of evidence. Sorry!