Cheat, Murdered! (2)

### SKM Engineering College:

The SKM Engineering College was engulfed in chaos. Students and staff alike clustered around the washroom of a room on the third floor of the hostel, their faces etched with confusion and horror. Questions flew wildly among them, but no answers emerged.

Abhishek and Avneet arrived, their presence parting the crowd like a force of nature.

Before them lay a scene of unimaginable horror. The lifeless body of a girl slumped on the bathroom pan, her flesh marred by numerous stab wounds. The brutality of the attack was evident in every gruesome gash.

ACP: "It seems the murderer harbored a deep hatred for her."

Avu: "Right, ma'am! Look at the wounds. They're incredibly deep. The killer must be very strong."

Abhi: "The murderer is beyond brutal! Look at the way her eyes were gouged out. It's sickening!"

Inspector Ishani Singh meticulously scoured the scene for clues and found something significant.

Ishani: "Ma'am, a rose!"

ACP: "Where was it?"

Ishani: "Just beside the pan, ma'am."

ACP: "I see. Place it in the evidence box."

Ishani: "Yes, ma'am."

Avu: "Abhishek, did you notice something?"

Abhi: "What?"

Avu: "Her nail polish, her lipstick, her eyeshadow-everything is red!"

Abhi: "Ah, you're right!"

Avneet leaned closer, examining the dead girl's fingers with a magnifying glass.

Avu: "Look closely. She was wearing blue nail polish, but someone repainted it red. The same goes for her lipstick-it was originally pink."

Abhi: "Strange..."

Avu: "Indeed. Let's go outside and start interrogating. I have some doubts. Let's move!"

[Introducing Ashi Singh, a third-semester student living in the college hostel.]

As they emerged from the washroom, they encountered a boy crying uncontrollably in the crowd.

Avu: "Who are you? Please stop crying."

Boy: "Ma'am, Ashi was my girlfriend! Please, don't let her murderer go unpunished!"

[Randeep Rai, a fourth-semester student.]

Avu: "We will do our best! But tell me, was Ashi returning from a party or going to one?"

Deep: "I don't know, ask her boyfriend!"

Avu: "You just said you were her boyfriend!"

Deep: "Ma'am, she was cheating on me. She was in a double relationship!"

Abhi: "Oh, so you found out about her new boyfriend and, in a fit of rage, sent her to an early grave?"

Deep: "No, sir... I didn't kill her. I loved her..."

Avu: "Okay, but remember, until we find the real culprit, you are a suspect. Who is her new boyfriend?"

Randeep pointed to a man standing at a distance.

[Shagun Pandey, Ashi's new boyfriend, also in the fourth semester.]

They approached him.

Avu: "What's your name?"

Shagun: "Shagun Pandey, ma'am."

Abhi: "Were you dating Ashi?"

Shagun: "Yes, just for five or six days..."

Abhi: "Didn't you know she already had a boyfriend?"

Shagun (shocked): "What!? Ashi had a boyfriend? I wasn't aware of that, sir!"

Avu: "I see. Was Ashi going to a party? Did she mention anything to you?"

Shagun: "No, ma'am, nothing. Last night we talked on the phone around 9:30 PM, but she didn't mention any party."

Avu: "But she's wearing a party dress. Did she share anything unusual with you recently?"

Shagun: "No, ma'am. But for the last two days, I felt like someone was following us. I told Ashi, but she ignored it. However, she did receive a threat letter."

Avu: "Show it to us!"

Shagun handed them the letter.

Avu (reading): "Whenever you cheat, you will be murdered!"

Abhi: "The murderer is quite smart. Look how they concealed their handwriting!"

Avu: "True! The sentence is composed of letters cut from different newspapers."

Abhi: "A lot of effort went into writing just one sentence."

Avu: "Indeed."

[Hey sweet peoples, hope you liked this chapter!!! Let's see what will happen next]

Who is the murderer?

Who wrote the letter?

Is SKM Engineering College good?

How will CID solve the case?

Willingbee ✨️