The Red Obsession (5)

### A Web of Intrigue: Unfolding the Mystery

**Siddharth's Unexpected Behavior**

Siddharth suddenly stood up, startling Avneet. She grabbed his hand.

Avu: "Babe? I'm talking to you! Where are you going?"

Sid: "I thought it was our date night, but no, you're more interested in scolding me."

Avu (sadly): "Siddharth, why are you being so arrogant these days? I'm worried. Are you okay?"

Sid: "Avneet, we should go now."

Avu: "Siddharth, what are you saying?"

Sid: "Avneet, let's meet tomorrow at this café at the same time. Please, leave me alone."

Avu: "Am I disturbing you, Siddharth?"

Siddharth didn't answer and walked away. Tears welled up in Avneet's eyes, but then her phone rang. She quickly wiped her tears, cleared her voice, and answered the call.

Avu: "Yes, Dr. Taarika?"

Taarika: "Avneet, we found something really weird in Ashi's purse!"

Avu: "Go on..."

Taarika: "We found a piece of paper from a diary. Someone, either the murderer or Ashi herself, drew innumerable lines on it with red lipstick."

Avu: "I see. As far as we know, Ashi hated red. She never liked it. But it seems the murderer is obsessed with red."

Taarika: "Looks like it..."

Avu: "Maybe after Ashi's death, the murderer changed her clothes, repainted her nails, etc."

Taarika: "Maybe. Also, it looks like something was written on the paper, but the murderer scribbled over it so much that the writing is obscured. We’ll try our best to decipher it."

Avu: "Thank you. But Taarika, can a woman be so powerful to gouge out someone's eyes in a single jiffy?"

Taarika: "Technically, it's not possible, but in this case, everything seems extraordinary!"

Avu: "Very true! Okay, see you later!"

The call ended, and Avneet left the café.

**Siddharth's Torment**

Siddharth was at home, sitting in a dark room. A candle burned on the table in front of him. He continuously moved his index finger over the flame, like a pendulum, muttering to himself.

Sid's POV: *Avneet, do you care for me? Yes? No? Yes? No? Yes? No? You see, no one loves me... You scolded me too... right? Avneet... Avneet... Avneet... Avneet...*

Siddharth kept muttering Avneet's name, then rested his head on the table.

**The Next Morning: The CID Lab**

The CID team gathered in the forensic lab.

ACP: "This case is very complicated! We have very few clues."

Shalunke: "Yes, let me show you the piece of paper."

He brought the piece of paper and showed it to the team.

ACP: "Ah, right, something is written!"

Taarika: "We are trying to figure it out."

Abhi: "Hurry up, please!"

ACP: "I think we should call Shagun once again! Avneet, call him!"

Avu: "Yes, ma'am!"

Avneet called Shagun.

Shagun: "Hello!"

Avu: "Hello, Senior Inspector Avneet from CID speaking! Shagun, we are really sorry to disturb you again, but we need your help."

Shagun: "Yes, ma'am, carry on. I'll try my best!"

Avu: "Can you meet us? If yes, come to the CID bureau this evening."

Shagun: "Okay, ma'am!"

The call ended.

**Siddharth's Disturbing State**

In the evening, Siddharth was sitting under a table, holding a red nail paint in his hand, staring at it with teary eyes. He opened the nail polish, took the brush out, and held it in front of his eyes. His eyelids were still.

He started shivering, and the brush fell from his hands. He held his knees and began crying vigorously. After some time, he lifted his head, looked at the nail polish, and suddenly started laughing. His expressions kept changing rapidly—crying and laughing alternately. In a fit of rage, he smirked, ran into his room, and shut the door.

**CID Bureau: Shagun's Insight**

Shagun arrived at the CID bureau.

Avu: "We're sorry to disturb you again. Can you please tell us how Ashi was talking to you the last time?"

Shagun: "Ma'am, like always."

Avu: "Think carefully and then answer."

Shagun: "Oh, yes, ma'am, she was a bit nervous, I guess. She also told me she felt like someone was in her room."

Avu: "What did you tell her?"

Shagun: "I told her it might be her imagination. She used to watch crime series too much..."

Avu: "I see... You may leave now."

Shagun left, and Abhishek sighed.

Abhi: "His statement didn't help much."

Avu: "Hmm, this case has very few clues. That's the biggest problem."

Abhi: "Right... By the way, Avneet, how did your date with Siddharth go last night?"

Avu (sighing): "It didn't go well! We’ve planned to meet again today."

Abhi: "Oh no... Best of luck for today!"

Avu: "Thanks, dude!"

**The Café Meeting**

Avneet and Siddharth entered the café. Siddharth's demeanor remained concerning, but Avneet was determined to uncover the truth.

[Hey sweet peoples, hope you liked this chapter!!! Let's see what will happen next]

Who is the murderer?

Who drew the lines on the paper?

Why Siddharth was crying?

Is SKM Engineering College good?

How will CID solve the case?