Epilogue

How did I end up four thousand miles away from home?

I sighed, glancing at my watch to check the time. It's already 3:00 in the afternoon. Where is that man?

"Cecily!" A certain voice suddenly called from far away. A particular voice that I haven't heard for more than a decade...

A tall man approached me from behind, dressed in an elegant purple suit complete with a matching necktie. A small smile crept its way up to his lips — that same smile he wore eleven years ago.

"I see you haven't changed at all. Still love purple, huh?" I asked, eyeing his outfit.

"How do you..." he trailed off, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "Not sure how, but it stuck to me even after all these years."

He simply smiled in amusement. "At least I know you haven't completely forgotten about me. I missed you..."

He misses me? I bit my lip in hesitation. "We shouldn't really-"

"I know," he cut me off. "I know. I'm sorry."

"It's alright." Self-composure found its way back to me. "What's in the past is in the past. We shouldn't really go on a digging spree in the cemetery."

"You're right. Let's not." He sheepishly scratched the back of his head.

I reached for my bag and pulled out a small book. "Here, I have something for you." I handed him the item.

"What's this?" He asked, puzzled, as his eyes scanned its golden-red cover.

"Why don't you see for yourself?" I crossed my arms and giggled.

He unfurled the pages and examined the book's context. His eyes widened in surprise. "You... the poems..." The tan man stood dumbfounded.

"I told you, didn't I?"

"You kept your promise."

"Of course, I did, Mr. Hacker. Or should I say..." A smirk crept up to my lips. "Alex?"

~•~
Fun fact: That 'promise' the hacker was talking about was the book of poems that Cecily gave him. What poems? Well, you've seen the title of this story. You've read the blurb... right?