Meeting the Pack

NEEEEEWWWWWW CHAPTER!!!

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

I have been having to stay with Jax more often latley, and I blame the fact that he marked me a few days ago . I couldn't even get to sleep without him! If that doesn't scream clingy girlfriend, I don't know what does.

"What are you worried about?" Jax asked. He could feel my emotions through the new bond from the mark.

"Nothing." I said. Lie. Big fat lie. I'm super nervous about being introduced to the rest of the pack. What if they don't like me? What if they think I'm weak? I had figured out that late shifters were supposed to be much smaller than normal wolves.

"They'll love you." Jax said softly. And he caught me.

"But what if they don't?" I whispered. Tiffany and her squad will probably spread rumors about me, or worse. And at this point I really don't want to know what worse is.

"If they don't love you, which is highly unlikely, I will kick Tiffany out of the pack." He said. "They have been spreading rumors about you latley."

"Why am I not surprised?" I muttered sarcastically. They are out of control. As the Luna, do I need a reason to kick somebody out of the pack?

"Look, I love you, my parents love you and they haven't even met you yet, and everyone in the pack who has met you loves you. And so will the rest of the pack." He said in a 'this is the end of the conversation' tone.

"Good to know that's settled." I grumbled.

"Yeah, it is. So get ready because we meet them in two hours." He said. Wait what? I know that Maddi lives here and we have the same size, but what if she doesnt have anything that looks good on me?

"It's just a pack barbeque, nothing fancy." He assured me.

"Okay." I sighed

》》》

"You look perfect!" Maddi squealed as I stepped out in the outfit that she had picked out for me.

"Don't I always?" I joked as we started walking out to the backyard of the pack house, which, unsurprisingly, is filled with people wolfing down food. Pun intended. I started laughing at my own stupid joke as we walked up to Jax, Luke, and Xavier.

"What's so funny?" Xavier asked.

"I am." I replied.

"She probably just thought of a wolf pun." Jax explained as I nodded my head yes.

"What is it?" Luke asked, looking amused.

"They're wolfing down their food!" I laughed. All I got for that one was a few sideways glances, and Jax sighed and kissed the top of my head

"It's almost time for us to go up there." Jax said as he pointed to a raised platform I hadn't noticed before. Great, I have to go up on a stage.

All was well as I shook the hands of some of the elderly pack members, who were very kind. I hadn't met Jax's parents yet, though I was told to expect them.

"Come on, everyone's here now. Let's go introduce you." Jax whispered as he ushered me up to the mini-stage.

Many cheers were heard as I trailed behind Jax up onto the stage.

"So as you all know, once I find my mate, I can finally take up the position as alpha!" Jax yelled excitedly into the microphone. And the crowed cheered as he took his dramatic pause.

"Well I've found her!"He yelled again as the cheers got impossibly louder. I just awkwardly waved, causing some of them to laugh. Then Jax handed me the microphone.

"Hi, my name is Dani, and my mate is this doofus." I said as I poked Jax in the shoulder. With that, I handed the microphone to Jax and stepped aside. Jax went into some long and boring speech about staying vigilant about something, and while I was scanning the crowd, I saw my brothers waving to me. I braved a small wave back before turning back to where Jax was making his speech.

To pass the time, I busied myself trying to count all of the people in the crowd.  Because of the constant movement, the highest number I ever go to was ninety - three. But even just a quick glance at the crowd gave away that there were way more than ninety - three people looking at either Jax or me, I couldn't really tell.

After a few minutes, Jax finally turned off the microphone, and took me off stage with him. We were quickly pulled aside by a middle aged couple.

"You're his mate! Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting to meet you!?!" A the woman squealed as she tackled me into a hug.

"Honey, let the poor girl breathe." A man who looked like Jax said from behind her.

"My name is Maria, I'm Jax's mother."She said as she released me from her grip. This makes much more sense now.

"And my name is William, but you can call me Will. I'm Jax's father." He said as he pulled Maria into a hug.

"It's nice to meet you."I said politley. They seemed like nice people.

"So I see you've met my parents." Jax said as he wrapped his hands around me from bedind.

"Look they're so adorable together!" Maria cooed, causing me to blush.

"Mom, you're emberassing her!"Jax said.

"Is it wrong to be excited that my son has found his soul mate?" She asked, waiting for an answer.

"No, mom." He grumbled. I chuckled.

"The big bad alpha, on a leash." I joked. Both me and Maria laughed at that. I'm going to like her.

"I am not on a leash." Jax growled. Wow, somebody's grumpy.

"That's not what it looks like." I muttered under my breath, but he heard.

"Please excuse us." Jax said with a tight smile. He then picked me up, bridal style, and carried me into his room.

"What're you so upset about?" I asked, even though I knew why.

"Dani, I am not on a leash. I am now the Alpha of this pack, and I make the rules. Not my mother. Or you, for that matter." Jax said, his eyes flashing yellow. Ooh, his wolf is angry. I'm so scared. Not.

"Actually, I'm the Luna your equal. I am not inferior to you." I snapped back.

"But I am the man. I am more dominant. " He replied.

"And this is the twenty-first century. All that 'the guy is more dominant' shit is dead. So maybe you should take a step back, and rethink your life, because unless you do, I'm almost positive that this relationship won't work out. " I said as I stormed out of the room. The idiot actually thinks he can pull that crap on me.

******************

Jax is being a dick.

  -Typewriter