First Day

"Dani, get up or you're going to be late!" My mom yelled for the ninth time from downstairs.

I really didn't want to get up. Getting up meant going to school, and going to school meant getting homework, and getting homework meant getting less sleep. School was just a downward spiral that led to gaining five pounds because of stress eating and awkward social situations that usually involved my brothers getting a little too protective.

I love them, but at the same time, I hate them.

It took all of my collected willpower, but I finally managed to push myself out of bed and put on a decent outfit. I just had to dress nice for the first few weeks of school, and then from there it would be big t shirts and Nike shorts. All day every day.

I walked out in a cute dress and got breakfast, and my brothers were immediately skeptical of my outfit.

"Don't you think that's a bit... short?" Ryker asked, and I scoffed.

"You think everything is too short." I quipped, and he just rolled his eyes.

"I'm just glad that she's wearing a dress for once." My mom called out from the kitchen, where she was making waffles. My brothers laughed as I shook my head.

"You guys would dress lazy all the time if you knew how much effort goes into looking nice." I complained. "All you guys have to do is wake up and put on basketball shorts, you don't even have to brush your hair!"

"Sometimes you don't brush your hair." Zeke pointed out, and I huffed in frustration, but I didn't say anything. He was right.

"Okay, guys, breakfast is ready!" My mom called, and I tried to get to the waffles first, because if I didn't get my food first, the ravenous group of guys would take it all first. At this point, I never trust them to save any food for me.

"Conner turn the music down!" I yelled from the backseat as we pulled into the parking lot of the school.

Conner had turned the music up all the way, and opened up his window so that people could hear it. I remember him saying something about being cool, but music up all the way? Really? Conners actions in general normally disappointed me.

Listening to my extreme protests, he turned the music down and pulled into a parking space. Already I could see the congregations of teenagers in the parking lot, waiting for school to start.

The cliques were easy to spot out, more so than they were at my last school. You could easily tell the jocks from the nerds, the cheerleaders from the girls who actually played the sports. Also, it seemed like everybody here was part of some sort of hierarchy with the way that they spoke to each other.

As a whole, the Smith clan (my brothers and I) got out of the vehicle and walked towards the school building. But not before long, I was found by the only person in this town that I knew, Maddi.

"Hey, Dani!" She waved me over to her huge circle of friends, and introduced me.

•Jax's POV•

When I saw her, my whole world stopped. Her subtle yet pleasantly overwhelming scent took over my senses, and the slight twinkle in her gaze held mine. I was completely and utterly speechless, completely unable to string together coherent sentence.

She was absolutely perfect, from her body, to her face, to her mere movements. Everything that she did was beautiful, even if it was punching one of the guys next to her in the stomach. At the realization that there were four men - no, wolves, They definitely smelled like wolves - trailing after her, my wolf went into overdrive.

Not wanting to scare the girl, as she smelled human, I let out a low warning growl just loud enough to get their attention. I then motioned them off to the side so that I could speak with them.

I didn't want any rogues messing with my mate.
"Watch the girl, she's my mate." I mind linked Maddi. She didn't say anything, but I could sense her excitement. Then, I turned to the rogues.

"Who are you?" I asked, and one of them held their hands up before speaking.

"Hey, we asked if we could move here, and the request was accepted by the Alpha. We didn't come here for a fight."

"If you didn't want to fight, you would have kept your filthy hands off that girl you were with." I growled, and I could feel my wolf trying to take over. The oldest one laughed, and I almost punched him in the face.

"Dude, that's my sister." He laughed just as the bell rang. I looked back to see that the girl was already going into the school. All I could do now is hope that I have some classes with her.

So, this is the new version of this chapter, as the last one was so cringeworthy I almost died.

-Typewriter