✏️donatello

summary : rainy day w/ donnie
species : human
—————————
"ah, nothing like taking time away from the brothers and going out with you, n/n"  donnie stated, holding onto your hand as the two of you walked down the sidewalk.

"i agree, don" you replied, smiling. "though, i wonder how they're doing"

donnie quietly chuckled. "they must feel so lost without me," the turtle started in a dramatic tone. "wandering aimlessly like chickens without heads"

you giggled. "you're such a drama queen, i'm sure they're fine without you" you stated. "gasp! a drama queen, i take great offense to that!" donnie said, placing a hand over his heart in offense.

"i am not wrong and i standby my statement" you reply, crossing your arms. "SOMETIMES i am dramatic, so i suppose that it's fair that you say that.." donnie then plants a kiss on your forehead, causing your face to heat up.

moments later, small drops of water fell onto you and donnie. "hm, i checked the weather for top notch date conditions, it didn't say anything about rain" the softshell stated, typing on his tech gauntlet. you pull your hood up to protect your face and hair.

"no probbles! i have prepared for most things, including the weather! i mean, weather's unpredictable yet common, who wouldn't prepare in advance?" donnie muttered the last sentence, chuckling to himself as his tech-bo turned into an umbrella.

"i actually don't mind the rain all that much" you state as the two of you continue walking. "well, except for getting wet by it, but other than that, it's really calming and cool!" you exclaim, smiling.

you continue to excitingly ramble on about rain, causing donnie to break into a smile. he enjoyed hearing you ramble not only because he loved your voice, but he also learned more about you this way. besides, you had listened to him ramble on several occasions, so he didn't mind listening to you in return.

"goodness, you're adorable.." the turtle muttered under his breath, not caring whether you heard or not. your face heated up once more, earning a chuckle from donnie.

"we should hurry before the rain gets any worse, n/n. your apartment is closer, so maybe we can hang there for a while?" he said. "yeah sure! i have a bunch of lou jistu movies we can marathon!" you say.

the two of you hurried to your apartment, eager to not only get out of the rain, but to watch some classic lou jitsu movies together.
———————
i almost wanted to wait till the movie came out, but then i thought of this. it's not the best, but i try