The woman's body lost all resistance as blood splattered. It landed on the table and onto a few councilmen who sat in shock. He loosened his grip on her, her body falling onto the floor with a thud. Her blood pooled around her as her horrid expression was stuck on her face.

"The phoenix must be killed," He growled. His veins were ablaze as he wiped the blood from his face, the residue staining his cheek, "And someone, clean up this mess." He demanded, storming out, leaving the demons at the table terrified, their own Satan killing a councilmember for the first time.

Satan was the most powerful he had ever been, but instilling fear and authority can only do too much. At some point, it will cause a divide.

Storming into his own home— the intimidating castle that he stole. He destroyed whatever was in his grasp. Looming over priceless objects he had just to prove he was the most powerful ruler, just for him to break them in a flurry of fury.

Their maid Rina, the only other demon to access the castle, teleported into the main room after hearing the chaos, only to see her ruler in a haze of outrage. Her wings, smaller than his, spanned out behind her as she furrowed her eyebrows, never seeing him ruin what he was most prideful about.

He was snarling. In his most demon form, he walked towards Rina, wrath exhaling out his breath, "Where is Junhui?"

"In his room, Sir." As fast as she murmured, he teleported, not having enough time to bow before her bangs were swept off her forehead from the gust of air.

Jun laid on his bed, and although he heard the crashing, he ignored it. He didn't expect that in one blink to be slammed against the bedroom wall, his feet dangling off the ground as his own father choked his airways, his spine aching from the impact.

"You can not fool me, son," He gnarled, his once storm of bloody lightning in his eyes was now fully black, and any sense of morale was shattered and burned. "I gave you the chance to be smart, but you're just like your mother... pathetic."

Jun thrashed in grip, his own hands attempting to pull him off, his brain on fire, from the lack of oxygen to the mention of his mother. Through labored breaths, he pleaded, "I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Cut the bullshit. You haven't been telling the council anything, not keeping tabs on your mutts of friends, or at least not saying anything." His grip tightened on his son's throat with no remorse. No regret because winning and power were only ever on his mind.

Jun was still flailing his limbs. His face was losing color, "Dad!" He attempted to shout, but his voice strained. His fingernails dug into his father's wrist, but nothing could loosen his grip.

"You think I won't kill you?" He was sinister, even with Jun's concentration elsewhere. His fear only grew from his father. "I killed your mother. I'll kill you, anything to get what I want, Junhui." With his other hand, he reached toward Jun's chest when Jun realized he had to make a decision. To expose his friends. Or to die.

Tears spilled out of his eyes, and memories flashed as vividly pictures of his mother falling over. Her disagreeing, her hatred of his father getting her killed. And he was about to be next.

And in an epiphany, in a moment of life or death. He chose. He chose the answer that would keep everyone safe. He chose the option that would keep the plan in motion, the plan that would change everything. In a moment he would betray them once more. It would ruin any friendship he built with them, but he still chose. He would sacrifice them, temporarily, to save them later. Because only he could put a stop to this. He battled his own fears, he conquered his death in a moment that would be seen as selfishness, but it was the first time he would be brave.

The first time Moon Junhui was ready. Ready to deceive his father completely.

"I'll tell you! I'll tell you where they're hiding! Both of them!" Jun screamed in a plead, his father's hand around his heart, applying enough pressure that made his vision blur with black spots.

With the deal presented to Satan, he loosened his grip. He pulled out his hand harshly, blood flinging onto both of them, his hand covered in his son's blood, but he paid no attention nor minded it. With his grip on his throat, he flung his son across the room. Jun, panting for air as his skin healed back slowly, the hole Satan created from his hand disappearing, but a scar appeared from the trauma.

He crouched down towards Jun, the hunger to keep power still flashing in his eyes, "Good choice, son. Maybe you aren't as pathetic as I thought."With tears and a fast heartbeat, Jun exposed their hideout, feeling guilty to do so, but relieved to be able to breathe normally again eventually. To still be alive.

His father left the room once satisfied. Jun laid on the hardwood floor, his chest rising up and down as he laid his hand over his heart, whispering his own threatening words.

"I will kill you, father." A promise he will do anything to keep.

i know what you're thinking, how could jun be deceiving his father if he just told him where they are all hiding?!,!,

dw just dw

also want to say, the end is near and it's ready, actually the ending is finished i just got to get there.

i do know exactly what will happen to all characters expect there is one i am contemplating on two outcomes for
anyways like always lmk what you think

if anyone had to die, who'd you think it be, also what is all this phoenix talk?!

only four more days 😮‍💨