56

song:
warriors - warren hue , seori

A BATTLE BEGANS

Hours before Idalia was uprooted from her cell, she quickly became acquainted with Changwook, because Idalia quickly learned about herself that when confined and anxious she clung to any sense of hope.

That's what Changwook was to her, his somehow easy-going demeanor triumphant in these miserable circumstances only improved her mood, and with improved mood brought improved health.

Her wounds slowly faded, the bruises going green and her head didn't ache at a soft touch. Although she still wheezed with every breath she was fortunate that the herbs healed everything else so quickly and efficiently.

The two had talked throughout the hours they sat, simply finding it easier than lying in boredom. Idalia learned a lot from him, especially with half-bloods and what they've been doing stuck in Hell without visible help.

Throughout the hours, Changwook even brought up a plan, a way for her to escape.

"When they come to take us, I'll be a decoy and you can escape. "

She wasn't sure if it would work, but in those moments she craved freedom selfishly, so she obliged as nerves disguised as nausea swarmed inside of her. Waiting patiently for when they would strike.

Eventually, the guards did come, and eventually, they got to Changwook's cell, they cuffed him and moved to her cell.

No one dared to break the chains, even if they had enough strength. Every other half-blood was too frightened so they stood in line, their fates catching up to him.

But once Idalia was pushed out of her cell, seconds from being cuffed along with the rest, Changwook dared fate.

Unleashing animosity, his veins flowed with power, the chains falling to the ground as the two guards attention left Idalia and went to him. The fearless half-blood.

Idalia's hands were shaking, as she turned to run. Sprinting, her lungs ached and her calves burned from adrenaline as the guards trampled onto Changwook, his cries echoing in her ears as she searched for an exit but it was as if the prison was a maze.

She turned back once, Changwook's head was towards her as he lay on the ground. Already bloodied, a certain demon guard hovered above him, his clawed hand wasting no time plummeting into his chest, squeezing his heart as horrific earsplitting screams evoked.

Her head turned, frozen in stance from the horror only gave alerted guards the edge on her as she could only wander by running around the hallways of cells before they found her.

It was all for nothing. His courage for nothing as she kicked and cursed at them before they dragged her to the rest of them. Cuffing her as everyone feared more than ever before, and blood spilled from her mouth.

They would've killed her, just like they did to Changwook on the matted floor, but they couldn't because she's the star of the ceremony, she just didn't know that yet—

—Now, she stood, barely hanging on, only Minghao's appearance keeping her breathing.

As all half-bloods lined up and guards did the same; some also stood away to guard the stairs where the councils and Satan would be. They stood straight, demeanors cold and unforgiving as some half-bloods attempting to lash out, only to be hit into obedience.