chapter 18 - cute sid + walks

Start from the beginning

we get to the office and we both sit down on the chairs that were nearest.

Elsie gets her cup of tea and holds it in her hands on her lap to warm her hands up.

"I needed to ask you something actually, I didn't know who else to ask as there's not many people I can ask but please tell me if it's a problem for you" she says sitting forward in her chair.

I nod which makes her carry on.

"I've booked a little get away just for myself, for a little break. It's not far, only in a town 45 minutes away from here. It's a place me and my husband went regularly and I would love to go visit it but I was just wondering if you could manage the libary until I get back. now I know it's a big ask and I'm sorry it's so short notic-" she rambles, gesturing with her hands.

"Elsie it's no problem honestly. I'd love to." I cut her off, smiling reassuringly at her which makes her sigh out of relief.

"oh thank you so much dear. I was going to ask Reece but I know he's always ever so busy working at that restaurant" she speaks again taking a sip out of her cup of tea.

"I'm sure he would love to help if he didn't work as much. don't worry about it, it will be no bother. when do you leave?" I ask her.

"in a few days, it's in a little cottage in this peaceful forest. me and George would always go and just sit on the balcony and listen to all the nature around us. he loved bird watching so that's what he would do and write all the birds he saw in this book." she says staring into space with a warm smile on her face, looking back at the memory.

"that sounds amazing, you'll have a great time, enjoy yourself" I smile at her and I get up because I don't want to be late to the meeting with Michelle and Lisa.

"thank you again willow, your like a granddaughter I never had" she teases which makes me smile again.

"let me know when you leave and any tasks you need doing whilst your away okay?" I ask her as we both walk out of the office.

"will do willow, I'll let you know later today" she finishes walking over to her desk.

I give her one last smile before walking out of the libary, the sound of the bell faintly going off behind me.

✩ ✩ ✩

I get to my meeting not feeling as nervous as I was when I left the other day.

I open the door and Michelle and Lisa are both sat on their desk chairs, waiting for me what it looks like.

they both greet me and tell me to take a seat.

can I saw how beautiful they have styled and decorated their office.

It's like the little plants and ornaments that just go with everything in here and I know it's just a work office but I know they both spend literally all their time in here so why not make it nice i guess?

there's also really inviting cookies on the side that I'm debating to ask them if I can have one or not but I don't want to seem rude.

I think they are waiting for me to speak first as they are both staring at me so I clear my throat before speaking.

"I first want to say like thank you so much for this opportunity like it means so much and I'd love to be the official designer for your company" I say trying to act professional so they seem impressed.

as soon as I finish they break out into a grin.

"I told you she'd say yes, you owe me 10 pounds bitch" Lisa says laughing putting her hand out infront of Michelle.