15.

A week has been passed since Yuvraj Amar's return to Amergarh fort.

The cold war between the mother and son was so evident.

The health of Yuvrani Suvarna was also in a better state but Maharaj Suryabhan showed no signs of recovery.

"Suvarna have some." Amar scolded when his wife denied for fruits.

"Yuvraj Saa... The smell of apples make me nauseous." Suvarna scrunched her nose in annoyance.

Amar shook his head in helplessness. He didn't have the power to argue with his wife anymore.

He stood up from the bed and was about to move away when Suvarna hold his wrist.

"What is bothering you?" She asked keenly watching Amar's gloomy face.

He stayed mum. Amar didn't want to stress Suvarna with his worries. She was already dealing with a complicated pregnancy.

"Nothing." His reply was clipped as he tried hard to control his emotion.

"Aapko kya lagta hai... Agar aap humko bolenge nahi toh humko pta nahi chalega... Dharam Patni hain hum aapki Yuvraj Saa." Suvarna said caressing Amar's face lovingly.

She captured his bearded cheeks between her palms and looked deeply in his sorrowful eyes.

"I know you are worried about Jiji Saa. You are blaming yourself for whatever happened. But just give me a simple answer... Will all this make any difference now? Jo hona tha woh toh ho chuka hai naah." Her own eyes welling up with tears.

Anger surged through Amar's veins. He couldn't decipher how everyone was okay with the happening... He was unable to understand that instead of feeling guilty they all were trying hard to convience him that he should make peace with the situation.

"Its easy for you to say Suvarna cause she is not your sister no..." Amar's word hurted her.

The tears which she was trying to hide were now flowing freely.

Amar closed his eyes in frustration.

He didn't want to hurt his wife but words came out of his mouth even before his mind could comprehend the situation.

He raised his hand to console but Suvarna moved back as if his touch would burn her.

"You are absolutely right Yuvraj Saa..." She voiced in a low tone while turning around to leave.

She was in desperate need of fresh air... Her heart was feeling heavy.

Amar's harsh words were continuously ringing in her ears like a background music.

Suvarna even closed her ears in an attempt to ignore is accusations but it was of no use.

Soon she started hyperventilating and in no time was found lying unconsious on the cold floor.

"Suvarna." Maharani Saa yelled as she reached near her daughter-inlaw's numb state.

She was witnessing the whole commotion standing on the threshold of the room and was not in the mood of interfering giving into the fact that it won't be nice intervening between the husband and wife but atlast had to when things went south.

"Yuvrani Saa." Amar called as he took hasty steps towards his wife.

"Dur rahe Amar." He was warned by his mother whose eyes were spitting fire.

"Help." Maharani Somvati ordered and immediately two ladies draped in lehenga choli moved inside.

Soon Royal doctor was called and everyone was instructed to wait outside.

Amar paced back and forth in worry but his trail of thoughts and steps halted when his mother came and stood infront of his form.

"Bas kar de ab Amar... Aur kis kis ko aap aaropi ghoshit karengein. Mante hain hum, nahi bhejna chahiye tha hume Chitra ko waha par... Par samjhne ka prayas kijiye hamare pas aur koi bhi vikalp nahi tha." Somvati weeped as her shoulders hunched with fatigue.

She didn't have any more power to explain her son the situation in which she had to take such a hard decision.

"Aap sirf Chitra ke baare mein soch rahe hain Amar par hume toh puri Amergarh ki praja ke hit mein nirnay lena tha." She added in dejected tone.

"And what about Chitrangada's welfare? Why only she had to make sacrifice for everyone's good? Why you only choose that innocent... Fragile girl Maharani Saa?" Amar's eyes were successfully reflecting his emotional suffering.

The thought that his sister had to go to that demon just to save his life, didn't let him sleep peacefully at nights.

"Beware with your words Yuvraj Saa. My daughter is anything but fragile. She is a Rajputana and she is very well capable of fighting with that man cause Ek Rajputi kangan mein utni hi taqat hoti hai jitni ek Rajputi talwar mein hai." Maharani Somvati said leaving no room for further discussion.

She knew Chitrangada is a fighter and she would fight to her last breath to protect her heritage.

•×•×•×•