11.

The journey from Amergarh to Baghdad was the longest distance Chitrangada ever travelled in her life up till now.

It took 14 long days for the group to reach their destination with bare minimum intervals in between.

The journey was tiresome for Chitrangada.

Her back stiffed sitting in almost one position.

Though nights came with relief but they were the treat of only few hours as with the fall of first ray of the sun the convey again started.

"When will we reach?" Not able to handle herself anymore, Chitra asked one of the maid while walking towards the palanquin.

"Just in few hours, Princess." She replied while helping Chitra in sitting inside the cabin.

And as informed, hardly any four or five hours later, the troops were seen moving in the direction of red-pink sand stoned gate of the fort.

Curiosity filled Chitra's eyes as she looked outside sliding the curtain of her carriage aside

The landscape of Baghdad seemed totally different from what of Amergarh.

Instead of huge sand dues, the land of Baghdad was mostly  plain.

Chitra could easily spot the small flowerless plants on those flat surfaces.

But the sight which actually left the Princess of Amergarh astonished were the skyscraper defensive walls of the fort.

The security around the fort was triple in number of the guards Amergarh had in total.

Their hawk like eyes were keenly observing each near and far activity.

Chitrangada gulped. Though she knew Baghdad was a powerful state but it seized this much force shook her to the core.

"Shehzaadi." A voice interrupted her thoughts and she looked sideways towards the source.

A hand was forwarded in Chitra's direction which was the cue for her to step down.

Hiding her face under the veil and fixing her dress, she moved out. 

Though Chitrangada's eyes were cascaded downwards but she could still feel the scrutinizing gazes on her form.

She felt exposed... Uncomfortable.

"Shaukat." Aloud voice boomed, urging the very awkward Chitra to raise her eyes up.

Despite having Zahoor's back towards her, Chitra doesn't failed to recognize him.

She couldn't remove that unclear image of his unshaved face and those broad shoulders with which she encountered the other night.

"As-salamu alaykum Badshaah." A low voice addressed Zahoor.

"Salam Shaukat." He greeted back the trans man in his usual rough tone and mused something which only the two of them could hear.

Chitrangada could sense the exchange of words between the King and the servant regarding her but couldn't pin point the exact.

She was getting anxious with each passing second.

With her peripheral view, she could see her fellow members moving to their destinations but found herself rooted to the same spot only.

"Come." The same person who communicated with the King a few minutes before, called Chitra grabbing her undivided attention.

"This way." Shaukat motioned with his hand prompting her to move forward.

Chitra wordlessly take her steps as directed by the new person she get introduced with.

She had no idea where she was taken to but had no other option rather than following Shaukat whose name she got to know few minutes before.

"Now take the stairs." Chitrangada nodded in affirmation at Shaukat's instructions.

"Stop." An unknown voice and figure interrupted them.

"Salam Ruksana Begam." Shaukat immediately came forward and greeted with his head down.

She royally ignored Shaukat and his greet cause her eyes were completely darted on Chitra.

"So, you are Zahoor's new concubine." Ruksana asked more like stated making Chitrangada look her way with disbelief.

She raised her veil and put it properly over her head.

"I am the Princess of Amergarh... Princess Chitrangada. No one's concubine." Her eyes were spitting fire. 

How dare she to call her that and disrespect her. She for sure came with Zahoor to his state but not as his mistress.

She was... Is.... and will always be the Princess.

"Oh! my dear..." Ruksana caressed Chitra's cheek.

Her attitude was contradicting with her action. There was nothing affectionate in her touch. To Chitra it felt like she was mocking her... Making fun of her.

"Shaukat... Which wing Zahoor ask you to take Princess to?" Ruksana quipped, putting more stress on the word Princess.

"Left wing." Shaukat's voice came out feeble.

"Loudly." She yelled.

"Left wing Begam." Chitra stood clueless.

"And the left wing belongs to..." Ruksana paused and looked Shaukat to complete her sentence.

"Badshah's Concubines."  

^×^×^