3.

The sound of swords clattering echoed in the eerie silence

There was still an hour left for the dawn to break but the day had already started for Zahoor.

He was sweating out while practicing in the fighting and training pits.

His hair were damp whereas his body was covered with little beads of moisture but nothing was able to break his concentration.

The swordsman was struggling hard to keep hold on his sword as Zahoor charged at him.

He held onto the hilt tightly supporting his wrist with the other hand as Zahoor struck his sword down at him.

It took all the strength of the guard to defend the King's move but of no use.

Taking the opportunity of the weak moment of his competitior, Zahoor kicked him hard and soon the guard was found lying on the ground defeated.

A winning smile played on Zahoor's lips as he turned around and ran his fingers in his long hair.

"Zahoor." Someone called making him halt on his steps.

"Hasan Ali." Zahoor acknowledged his friend and minister of his court with a smile.

"Surya bhan got our gift." Hasan informed his King with a smirk.

"And the guards told... It was worth seeing their horried expressions." He added making a look of relaxation appear on Zahoor's face.

"Yeh toh abhi kuch bhi nahi hai Hasan... Aage Amergarh aur unke Maharaj ko bhut kuch dekhna hai." Zahoor stated in a low but dangerous tone.

"But..." Hasan Ali quipped.

There came never a chance when he had a slightest doubt on Zahoor's decision but this time his mind was not getting the reason behind Zahoor's condition of asking either the Amergarh Empire or its Princess from Maharaj Suryabhan Singh.

Zahoor was a man who believes in snatching rather than asking... Then why he was being so liberate with the King of Amergarh.

If he wanted then he could have had the both... Empire and Princess... under him... Then why he put such a condition before Suryabhan.

Hasan's mind was restless with so much unasked questions... So, to put his over running mind to rest he directly presented his queries infront of Zahoor.

Zahoor chuckled at Hasan's doubts. His friend still have to gain knowledge of political tactics.

"I know Hasan... It would be easy for us to announce a war against Amergarh as their army is incapacitated infront of ours but on the rational side having a war with Amergarh means making whole Rajputana our enemy and I can't afford that and about the condition..." Zahoor paused. He looked Hasan's way who was observing him back with curiousity.

"For the matter of fact, I am certain that Suryabhan will never bargain his daughter for a war. She is his pride. So, Hasan the war will still happen but this way it will be Amergarh who will commence it and no Rajputana clan would interfere cause it will solemnly be Maharaj's decision." Zahoor explained his plan. All the while a cunning smile was playing on his lips.

"Amergarh ko hamara hone se koi nahi rok sakta." He mused with the dream of having the most beautiful state of Rajputana's under his control.

Dressed up in black kurta pajamas and adorning it with a deep maroon colour velvet overcoat Zahoor looked devilishly handsome.

The thin line of khol in his eyes was adding more beauty to his deep blue ocean orbs.

As he entered inside his temporary stay camp, all  the servants present there stopped their work and bowed infront of  him simultaneously.

"Badshah ko salam." Everyone greeted their King in unison.

"Salam." Zahoor acknowledged as his eyes roamed around in search of someone particular.

He swiftly moved towards the caged figure of Prince Amar once he spotted him at an isolated corner.

"Shahzaade ko Badshah ka salam." Zahoor's words made Amar open his eyes.

"Apko zyada dard toh nahi ho raha." He asked and hold Amar's injured hand in a tight grip.

A hiss escaped from Prince's mouth as an unbearable pain erupted in his hand.

A wave of satisfaction flooded on Zahoor's face seeing Amar's pain.

"Badshah aapko hamare dard ki chinta karne ki zarurat nahi hai... Aap toh bas us dard ka intezaar kareyein jo Amergarh ki sena aapko dene wali hai." Though Amar's voice was trembling but determination was visible in his tone.

Zahoor let out a loud chuckle hearing his words.

"Even after suffering this much, your attitude is unchaged. You impressed me Prince." His voice sounded mocking.

"But remember one thing Shehzaade... Soon I, Zahoor Ali Khan, the Badshah of Baghdad, will tremble this attitude and strength of your's under my feet." He added in a challenging way.

Prince Amar's eyes were blazing fire. He was arrested otherwise till now he would slashed his sword through Zahoor's neck.

"Badshah." A servant called breaking the intense eye competition of two powerful men.

"Hmm..." Zahoor hummed taking a step back from Prince Amar's caged figure.

"Amergarh se aapke liye paigaam aaya hai." The information attracted the attention of Amar and Zahoor.

Both once again they had an eye contact.

"Its war time Shahzaade."

"Its war time Badshah."

^×^×^