4.

Chitrangada stood in the balcony of her room

Chitrangada stood in the balcony of her room. It was her favourite place... Her solance.

The cool breeze of the evening and the sweet smell of roses from her mother's garden always help her in calming her nerves down.

But this day, she felt restless. Her heart was not at peace. Her eyes were burning with uncontrolable crying.

"Chitra." The loud yell of Maharani Somvati made her realise that Veer delivered her decision to the rest of the royal family.

"Yeh hum kya sun rahe hain Chitra." The queen asked not believing Veer's word.

She wanted the confirmation from Chitrangada herself.

"Apne sahi suna hai Maa Saa. Hum taiyaar hain Zahoor Ali Khan ke pass jaane ke liye." Chitra said not meeting her mother's eyes.

Her back was still towards the queen and eyes were cascaded downwards.

"Toh sun lijiye... Hum aapke nirnay se sehmat nahi hain." Somavati tuned Chitrangada in her direction with a strong jerk.

"Then what you want Maa Saa... If not me than its war and with Bapu Saa in this unconcious state... What we'll do?" Chitra slumped on the floor with a loud thud.

Her tears were flowing freely.

"I am understanding your concern dear. I know your father's health is not in our favour right now but we have an exprienced army Chitra and... And Veer... Your brother... will lead them. We will try the best to protect our Amergarh but not on your expense Chitra." Maharani explained.

"So, you are ready to put the life of thousands of soldiers at risk and make their famalies suffer just to save one person." Chitrangada questioned not believing her mother's word.

Maharani Somvati was tongue tied. She didn't know what to answer.

"Maa Saa if this war happen... Then we will surely be fighting a loosing battle and I can't let that happen. I won't let Maharani Somvati to do injustice to the public... To her people... Who have blind trust on her." The queen was in whirlpool of emotions.

"Chitra you very efficiently reminded me the duties of a Queen but what about the responsibilities of a mother." Somvati asked her daughter in return.

"Hum aapko waha kaise bhej de... Kaise bhej de yeh jaante huye ki waha aapki jaan ko... Aapke maan ko... khatra hai. Hum hain ek Maharani par usse phle ek maa bhi hain... Aur ek Maa ka dil is chiz ki gawahi nahi deta. Aur Maharaj... Aapke Bapu Saa... Unko... Unko hum kya uttar denge... Jab woh hosh mein aane ke baad aapke baare mein puchenge... Batayein beta... Kya kahange hum unko..." Chitrangada's heart broke seeing Somvati's broken state.

She could understand the turmoil her mother was experiencing but couldn't do anything.

"Aur Maa Saa woh Bhabhi Saa... Unko kya utar dengi aap... Jab woh hosh mein aane ke baad Bhai Saa ke baare mein aapse prashan karengi." Chitra queried in a broken tone.

Many lives were at stake.

"Hey! Mere Krishna..." The Queen cried in agony and slupmed down on the floor.

"Maa Saa." Chitra sauntered towards her and sat down beside her.

The mother-daughter duo bawled their eyes out because of helplessness.

"Theek hai Chitra... Jayein aap... Agar apke jane mein hi sab ki bhalayi hai... Toh jayein aap. Hum nahi rokenge aapko." Somvati said after some time with determination.

Though from inside she was breaking thinking about the future of her beloved daughter but tried her best not to depict the same.

"Phool..." Maharani called and soon a young girl around her daughter's age came running on her toes.

"Phool... Help Princess with packing. I don't want my daughter to feel the absence of anything there." She ordered and moved out to convey her decision to awaiters.

As Phool engaged herself in the assigned work... Chitragada again walked towards the balcony.

Her eyes this time were fixed on the glowing moon.

"Hum aa rahe hain Zahoor Ali Khan." She mused as her lashes became wet with the moisture again.

^×^×^