7.

"Nahi Bai Saa

"Nahi Bai Saa... Hum bhi aapke sath chalenge." Phool whined like a kid who was denied for chocolates.

"Samjhne ka prayas kare Phool... Hum aapko nahi leja sakte hain."  Chitra tried helplessly.

"Par kyu Bai Saa. Jab hum mushkil mein the toh aap logo ne hame sahara diya tha... Phir aaj hum iss duvidha ke samay aapka sath kaise chhod dein." Phool asked back.

Chitrangada was tongue tied. She and Phool were inseperable from the time her mother left her.

Kamini... Phool's single mother... Was the maid of honour of Maharani Somvati.

Somvati trusted her with her life and Kamini proved her right by taking the arrow which was aimed at Maharani on her.

Kamini left her four year old toddler to show her loyalty towards the Royals and as a reward of her faithfulness The King and The Queen decided to take Phool under their care.

"Aap hamare liye kuch karna chahti hain naah..." Phool nodded in affirmation at Chitrangada's word.

"Theek hai...  Toh phir humse vaada kijiye Phool ki hamare jana ke baad aap sab ka dhyan rakhengi... Kisi ko bhi hamare naah hone ka ahsas nahi hone dengi." Chitra forwarded her hand infront of her childhood friend with hope.

Phool looked troubled. She switched her gaze from Chitra's hand to her face to and fro. Her heart was in contemplation.

"Boliye Phool." the desperation in Princess voice made her friend nod in agreement.

"Jaane ka samay aa gaya hain Chitra." Somvati announced with heavy heart making every single soul present in the Court Room looked her pleadingly.

They all were hoping against the hope that somehow MahaRani Saa change her decision but no one knew the fact that Somvati herself was pushed to take such a step on the urge of her daughter.

Chitrangada bobbed her head up and down at her mother's words as tears collected at the back of her eyes.

She felt emotional but controlled as her one drop of tear could break the restraint of her mother which she trying to keep with utmost difficulty.

"Paalki tayar hai MahaRani Saa." Shaswat announced catching everyone's attention.

"Jane se pahle hum ek baar Bapu Saa se milna chahte hain..." Chitra asked to no one in particular.

She was sceptical. Her mind warned her... If she went to see her father her resolution may break but if she didn't then her heart might not be at peace.

Ratna Bai... Chitra's Choti Maa Saa moved ahead and hold her hand when found her still being rooted to her spot even after stating the wish to meet Maharaja Saa.

"Chaliye." She encouraged and both disappeared in one of the many lobbies of the fort.

Ratnabai stood at the threshold giving the father-daughter duo their last moments.

Chitrangada weeped. She couldn't witness her father so weak... So defeated... Not anymore.

"Now the period of our suffering will end soon father. Now everything will turn back like old times. Bhai Saa will soon be with you all father and the only person who has to and for sure go through hell is Zahoor Ali Khan. I myself make sure to make him pay for all his wrong deeds." Chitrangada promised as rage flooded in her doe shaped eyes.

^×^×^

PS:- To unlock next chapter please complete 10 votes on 1st chapter.