Yet when Megara found herself inviting him through the door, they'd end up on the same couch, each time they'd end up closer and closer until they'd end up sitting like they were right now.

     And it was a lot for Ricky at that moment.  He had always known Megara as someone who was aggressive and cold — at least to him — but now she was smaller and placid, harmonious even.  He wasn't sure he'd ever see the day she'd be willingly sitting at his side, never mind curled up to him.  Seeing her like this reminded him that under her armor and behind those cement walls she built, she was just a girl.

     A soft snore fell from Megara's lips, knocking Ricky out of his trance.  "Hey, Megara," he tried whispering again, bringing his left hand to his right shoulder where she laid her head, to try and sweep some of those dark locks out of her face.  In doing so he could clearly see she was asleep and had never looked so peaceful.  "Meggy..."

     Ricky softly sighed, unable to hide the fact the sight was both pleasing and funny to him.  He tried to grab for some pillows so he could rest her head under and planned a sneaky getaway — or the best he could get without disturbing her peace.

     "Mm," she patted his right arm, feeling his body twitch even in her sleep, eyes still closed.  "Is that you?" she softly asked.

     Ricky nodded, even though she couldn't see him.  "Yeah, 'tis me, Meg," he replied in a hushed voice.

     "Don't leave," her eyes slowly peeled open, seriousness in her voice like he had never seen it before.  "'m comfy."

     Ricky softly chuckled.  "You're falling asleep."

     Megara shook her head, each time she blinked it was longer and longer.  "No, I'm not."

     Ricky tilted his head, bringing his hand to her face again to brush her hair away.  "Yes, you are."

     "Don't go yet," she insisted, her doe eyes searching his for the feeling she was looking for — even if she didn't know what it was yet.

     "What?" he swallowed the lump in his throat, the one that was gathering with each soft word she spoke.

     "Stay," she managed to whisper before snuggling up to his shoulder again, wrapping her arms around his one to keep her still.

     Ricky sighed loudly.  "Well, I guess a couple more minutes won't hurt, right?"

     Ricky rubbed his temples.  Surely, this was the worst night of sleep he had ever had.  But when he looked down to his chest to see Megara's head of curls sprawled out across his gray sweater, he knew it had been worth it.