Cherokee Rose

Callie's POV:

    I get woken up by Maggie who opened the door loudly. "Ohh, I'm so sorry, Callie. Uh, but the rest of your group is here," she softly tells me with a small sympathetic smile.

   My eyes blinks a couple of time and I run my hands down my face before standing. "Right. Thanks, Maggie,"  I tell her and she nods with a shy smile before leaving.

   I stretch and look down at my still knocked out daughter who's cuddling with her unicorn. It must be the morphine.

   I chuckle and lean down to kiss her head before leaving the room to head outside where both groups are.

  Dale is the first one to hug me when I descend the porch steps. I hug him back with a small smile. "Oh Callie, I'm so glad that Emma's ok," he says rubbing my back before we pull away.

  "Thank you, Dale. Yeah she wasn't hurt as bad as Carl was but she was still hurt and Maggie was a godsend and helped her. The twins and I owe her a lot of gratitude," I announce and from the corner of my eye I see Maggie look down with a small blush.

Carol gave me a hug next with a kiss on the cheek and lastly Andrea gave me a hug then hands me the keys to mine and Frank's car.

   "I'm relieved that Emma is okay, Callie. Also I love how smooth that car rides," Andrea gushes stepping back and jerks her thumb back to our car making me chuckle.

  "Why do you think we got it, Andrea? It's a smooth hot rod," Frank responds playfully and chuckles slightly. I pat his shoulder before moving past him towards our car and popped the trunk.

I grab mine and Emma's bag before shutting the trunk and walk back towards the house stopping next to Maggie. "Would it be okay to change Emma into clean clothes?" I ask and she pursed her lips in thought.

"Yes but maybe something loose so it won't hurt or irritate her wound," she responds and I nod with a smile.

  "Alright. Thanks, Maggie," I gently tell her and she shyly nods while looking down at her hands.

"No problem," she shyly says softly kicking the grass making me smile to myself. That's cute. Oh god get it together Callie.

I head back inside the house with the bag towards Emma's room. She's still sleeping peacefully. That's good.

At least she's not in pain. Plus today Maggie and I are going out to get medicine for her so she won't be in pain. I set the bag on my chair and unzip it then pulled out one of my t-shirt's.

Maggie said something loose so I'm just gonna put one my t-shirts on Emma like a nightgown. I softly pull down the sheet and carefully take off Emma's leggings before gently putting my shirt on her then put the sheet over her again.

I roll up her leggings and stuff them back in the side pockets of the bag. I should change out of these clothes. They're not mine so I go into my bag and pull out an outfit.

   After changing and tying my boots, a gentle knock came from the door and I look up seeing T-dog.

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know that they're gonna have the service for Ottis soon. Rick and Lori are going so I'm staying with Carl and if you're planning on going, I can keep an eye on Emma as well," he informs me and I glance at my sleeping daughter before looking back at T-dog.

I nod, "yeah I'll go to pay my respects. Thanks, T-dog. If she wakes up asking for me, call me no matter what." He nods firmly with a friendly smile.

  I head out in a hurry to catch up with the others who are walking towards a small hill that has a couple of trees for shade.

   Frank glances down at me with a small smile and I nod at him. We make it to a decent size tree where we begin helping them set up a circle of rocks.