"Lovely," Dad gets her attention, "let them come inside first and then we can talk," he suggests, making mum agree. We follow them inside and towards the kitchen where dad offers to make us all tea or coffee.

Ryder and I sit beside each other at the dining table, as mum sits across from us. "So um, Ryder is my mate," I tell both my parents.

Dad chuckles, while pouring hot water into the mugs on the counter, "we kind of gathered that Eli."

"You guys aren't mad that I'm into guys?" I ask them hesitantly.

"Of course not darling, we don't care what gender your mate is, as long as you are happy and they treat you well," mum informs me sincerely, "which I'm sure Ryder does," she says turning towards Ryder who nods.

"Of course," Ryder promises her, looking towards me.

"So, how long have you guys known you are mates?" My dad asks the two of us, while placing our drinks in front of us.

Ryder doesn't speak up, allowing me to answer, "um, since my eighteenth..." I answer nervously.

"That long?" Dad raises his eyebrows in disbelief. His eyes flicking down towards my mark before looking at Ryder's bare neck. I can feel Ryder retract into his chair, but I reach over to grab hold of his hand in his lap. I know he still feels guilty for marking me. "Why didn't you tell us earlier Elias?"

I hesitate before answering, "I was scared that you guys wouldn't approve," I say, looking down into my lap, not wanting to see the disappointment in their eyes.

"Darling, we thought you knew that we wouldn't care who your mate is, and you know we've never had an issue with Ryder or his pack," Mum says towards both Ryder and I.

"I know, I know," I sigh, guiltily. Deep down my main concern was Silas, Kai and my pack knowing, and if I was to tell my parents then everyone would know. But now I know it doesn't matter. Ryder squeezes my hand, gently rubbing his thumb to the back of my hand.

"Ryder, I hope you know that you are welcomed into this family," Dad tells Ryder sincerely.

Ryder smiles, "thank you Sam," Ryder replies softly.

Someone clears their throat from the doorway, making all our heads turn towards Silas who leans against the doorframe. "Great, a brother in law," Silas says sarcastically.

"Silas, do not start with your petty shit now, you're the reason Elias felt like he had to hide his mate," Dad warns him.

"Hey, hey!" Silas puts his arms up in surrender. "I've already told Elias that I knew the whole time and was in fact okay with it so that's not my fault," Silas defends himself.

"He knew?" Ryder whispers in my ear.

"Still Silas, if this whole petty rivalry thing wasn't a thing then this whole situation could of been avoided," Mum adds.

Silas is about to argue back until Ryder speaks up, "Sam, Samantha, excuse me for speaking out of turn, but it is also my packs and I's fault for indulging in this feud at the same degree as Silas and his pack," Ryder professes.

Silas rolls his eyes, but doesn't disagree with Ryder.

"It's my fault for hiding this, not the feud or Silas, it was me being scared, and I wish I could go back in time and change how this turned out, but I can't," I confess, making everyone turn towards me. "Ryder," I say turning towards him, "I'm sorry for hiding you, I'm so sorry," I apologise, choking up.

Ryder places his free hand against my cheek, his thumb brushing away the tears that escape from the corners of my eyes. "I know, it's okay," he whispers. "We'll get past this," he promises me. I squeeze his other hand that's holding onto my own in his lap.

Silas whistles awkwardly, "well, I would give you the "don't you dare hurt my brother or I'll kill you" speech but I have a feeling I don't need to," Silas addresses Ryder, shrugging. "But I'll still kill you for fun."

"Silas!" Mum exclaims.

"Jokes, jokes," Silas mutters but we all know he's being for real. Dad simply shakes his head, not bothering to get annoyed. Ryder just laughs, used to the personal threats. I know if mum and dad weren't present, Ryder would have a comeback from that comment.

"Goddess help us," Dad silently prays. "We are going to order takeout for dinner, you guys are staying the night here right?" He asks Ryder and I.

I look towards Ryder to see if he wants to stay, "I would love to, thank you," Ryder answers making me smile.

"Awesome, it'll be great for all us to get to know each other," Mum announces. I can see in the corner of my eye Silas silently walking backwards, trying to leave the room but mum quickly catches on, "you too Silas, you need to learn to get along with Ryder," she instructs making Silas groan out.

Dad walks over towards Silas, "who knows you guys might actually get along," Dad says, patting Silas on the shoulder.

"Highly doubt that," Silas insists, but stops trying to escape the room.

I smile, as a warm feeling inside of me spreads. My family is perfectly okay with me being mated to Ryder, another male. Even despite Silas' protest and comments, he to, is also okay with Ryder being my mate. I wish I could have known all of this from the start, but just as Ryder promised, we will get past this.