"I'm nervous too," Ryder confesses, making me look over to him with a small smile.

"They will like you," I tell him. "They would always get annoyed when Silas and I would talk shit about your pack, saying that our feud with you was petty," I admit, chuckling a little.

Ryder lips tug upwards at that, "they sound like reasonable people unlike someone I know," Ryder suggests, turning to look towards me while smirking.

"Hey!" I exclaim. "You guys were also starting petty fights with us, you can't talk mister," I remind him in warning. But Ryder only laughs, looking back towards the road. I cross my arms in a silent protest.

"I think you, Silas and Kai were the ones who started the whole rivalry thing in the first place though," Ryder states, while I try remember how it all started as well.

"I don't know what you're talking about, we are a friendly lot, it must've of been something you guys did," I try placing the blame on him, despite not remembering who actually started it in the first place. We both laugh at that, knowing I was just spilling bullshit.

Ryder pulls off the main road, driving towards the entrance of my pack. My nerves come back again as we get closer and closer towards my pack. We are able to get past the front gates of my pack with ease when the guards see me sitting beside Ryder in the car. Eventually, we arrive outside my house, after I guided Ryder towards it.

Taking another deep breath in, I try control my racing heart. Ryder takes the keys out of the ignition before turning towards me. He gently places his hand on my thigh, "are you ready?" He asks me.

I chuckle at little despite my nerves, "I should be the one asking you that," I tell him. Ryder smiles at that.

"I'm okay, just a little nervous, I want them to like me," he tells me honestly.

I nod, "they will," I tell both him and myself. After a few seconds I unbuckle my seat belt before opening the passenger seat door. Ryder follows my actions, and soon enough we are standing outside my front door together.

Do I knock? I mean I haven't been here in awhile and I'm here with my mate so would it be okay to just walk in or should I kno-

Before I can even make up my mind the front door swings open before us revealing my mother. Her eyes are hopeful, as they land on me standing outside. "Elias!" She exclaims in relief. "Darling, Elias is home!" She turns her head, calling out to Dad, before she turns back toward me, wrapping her arms around me.

Still in a state of shock, it takes me a moment before I wrap my arms around her. I didn't know what I was expecting when coming back home. Maybe a scolding for disappearing. But relief washes through me as I hug my mum back, closing my eyes. I missed her scent, her touch and her gentle voice.

Sensing a presence behind my mother, I open my eyes to see my dad now standing in the doorway. He gives me a smile, before his eyes drift over to Ryder who's standing beside me. Dad looks at Ryder up and down, and I can't tell what he's thinking, but he then holds out his right hand to Ryder who takes it with his own, "you must be Ryder," my dad greets him, shaking his hand.

"Yes sir," Ryder replies, shaking his hand before pulling away. My mother pulls away from me, before looking over towards Ryder as well.

My dad chuckles, "sir, goddess that makes me feel old, you can call me Sam or Samuel, son," he apprises. I turn towards Ryder who looks a little taken back from that, obviously not expecting dad to suggest that. But he nods his head anyways.

"Hi darling, I'm Samantha," mum greets Ryder before pulling him into a hug as she did with me. Ryder hugs her back, before she pulls away to stand beside her husband. Mum looks back at me, "you're lucky Silas told us you were okay or else we would have been worried sick Eli, why didn't you talk to us?" Mum stresses.