Chapter 2

Episode 3

Greta was a little apoplectic. She had told Meredith that they needed roommates. She didn't care who, if Meredith believed they wouldn't be a nuisance, then she trusts her, but said roommates were a nuisance to say the least. Izzie would not stop baking; it was nice in the beginning but now Greta just wants to be able to be in her kitchen by herself. Greta also finds Izzie extremely annoying. Bailey was right she would never survive as a surgeon; she'll get too attached. George was a whole other story. He was nice in the boyish way, but he let everyone walk all over him. Plus, his massive crush on Meredith does not help.

Greta knows Meredith had a hard last shift, she had told her all about the rape victim and the newborn. She hated that her sister had to go through that, but if she wants to be a surgeon that won't be the worst thing she sees, not even close.

That still does not excuse letting little miss walking oven and Mr. can't speak his feelings love with them. Especially since all they have been doing since they moved is nitpick every little thing.

    "George's room is bigger than mine." Greta hears at 4:30 in the morning, a time that Greta reserves for sleeping. All she can hear is annoying roommate #1's rant about how she needs the bigger room but then she hears something else from that insipid voice.

"I found this box with tapes of your mother performing amazing procedures."

    That is when she had had enough of it.

    "STOP TALKING." Greta yells as she walks out of her room. "I get that you want the bigger room, Meredith gets that you want the bigger room, hell the queen of England gets you want the bigger. Guess what I don't care, and I would bet a million dollars that my dear sister, who I need to talk to, does not care either. So just stop talking. Oh, and talk about undoing our mothers' boxes again and see what happens."

    Izzie and George stood there in shock not knowing what to do or say. Greta walks in between them grabbing Izzie's coffee without hesitation and pulls Meredith into the bathroom.

    "You know for some Ivy league super star you are an Idiot. How could you let such buffoons live in our house? My house!? I can't take it Midy if I hear one more argument about rooms, I will kick them out myself, and you know I will."

    "It will be alright I'll talk to them; it'll be okay."

    "It better."

    With that Greta walks out of the bathroom pushing the two idiots out of the way.

XXX

    On her way to work she stopped for coffee at her favorite place. A little whole in the wall that not many people knew about, but it managed to stay in business somehow, probably because of Greta and her need for caffeine at all hours. It was just around the corner from flora's and was ironically named, Coffee around the corner. She got her usual order, just an oat milk latte, and talked with the barista Odette, who was a college student at the university studying to become a lawyer. Greta liked Odette and everyone at the coffee shop, she liked that they always seemed so happy.

    Though this morning their shining optimism didn't affect her mood too much, because once she went out on the street meeting up with Derek and Miranda, she could tell that she was missing something.

    "Hello, my smart surgeon people, how are you on this dreadful morning."

    "Good morning, Greta." Derek replied

    "Both of you shut up."

    "You realize I'm an attending and you're only a resident. That you work for me."