Chapter 28: birthday disaster

I spent the entire day trying to hunt down the demons from homecoming. But for some reason I couldn't find them, they didn't want to be found. Not yet at least.

So I decided I would wait for them to make an appearance, because I could take them anytime any day prepared or not. They will never stand a chance against me, and I think they know that.

Lucifer sent them on a certain death mission. Speaking of Lucifer, I had another awful dream of him. But I tried to not let it bother me, because today is my best friend Caroline's birthday. And I won't let anything shit on her day.

My birthday is also coming up. October 22nd, I'll be 19 years old. It's going to be weird this year, the first birthday without my dad. It's been almost a year since he's passed, which is crazy to think about. Almost a year without my boys.

My entire life has changed. I've changed. I barley remember the girl I used to be. I used to kill monsters whether I believed them to be good or bad. Now almost everyone I associate with is a supernatural being of some sort.

I got dressed in a pair of light blue skinny jeans. A white tank top and then my oversized beige plaid. I decided to stay natural with no makeup and my wavy hair down. I put on my docs and headed out the door.

We were all supposed to meet at Caroline's to surprise her. But I needed to head out early to pick her up a little present along the way. I stopped in a small local jewellery shop.

I ended up picking out a pair of simple yet elegant earrings. They were pure gold small hoops, that had a tiny diamond flower design. They were gorgeous.

I headed to Caroline's and met up with the rest of the group which consisted of Matt, Elena, and Bonnie. I put on a party hat and held onto a few streamers to throw when Caroline entered the room.

Caroline walked into the house cluelessly and put her stuff down. Then all four of us jumped out of our hiding spots.

"Surprise!" We all yelled.

Caroline looked a little shocked, but also a little disappointed.

"Happy birthday!" Matt told her.

"What are you guys doing here?" Caroline questioned.

"Do you really think we would miss the opportunity to celebrate the Caroline Forbes birthday?" I questioned.

Caroline just shook her head at what I said. Elena took the crown off of her head and placed it onto Caroline's.

"Change into warmer clothes, we are going to the Falls. S'mores, camp fire.." Bonnie told her.

Elena then added on "Cake! Like when we were little."

"Expect for the tequila." Matt said.

"Thanks, guys. Really, um, I'm just not feeling my birthday this year." Caroline said with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry, what? You've already claimed your birthday as everyone's favorite day of the year." Bonnie said in disbelief.

"Yeah, and now, it's just a reminder that technically, I'm dead. Look, I didn't even like 17. And the only point to being 17 is to get to 18. It's a filler year; I'm stuck in a filler year." Caroline exclaimed in disappointment.

"Hey but at least you'll look eternally hot. Imagine becoming a vamp at like 50? I'm forever 18 if that makes you feel better." I told her.

"Yeah you're right, You know, it's all good, I'll be fine. But I just need some time to wallow in it." Caroline said.

"Okay that's not happening, why don't we come up with something else?" I suggested.

"I think I have another idea in mind." Elena told us.