Prologue

DISCLAIMER ⚠️

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, events, and incidents are the products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental, certain long-standing institutions, agencies, and public offices are mentioned, but the characters involved are wholly imaginary.

This book may also contain sexual scenes inappropriate for an audience under 18 years old; non-consensual sex, violence, and psychological and mental health issues will be mentioned; therefore, if you are under 18, do not read it. Otherwise, the liability is on YOU.

All rights reserved  ©nonuser975 BYUNKNOWN  2022

Life is just like gambling.

You play, you win.

The ecstatic feeling of winning gives you the courage to play further, place higher bets, and trust different cards on your hold that you know aren't that strong.

You win again.

The bravado augments, adrenaline runs through your veins, a feeling of extreme self-confidence over-power you, and without even knowing, you find yourself throwing happiness, family, beloved ones, and sometimes your own self on that poker table as a bet.

"All in"

You spoke with confidence to the dealer who was handling the game.

And how wouldn't you? You were winning; the cash of love and unlimited happiness lured you, turned on your greed to seek more, and almost blinded you.

It did blind you.

The moment you overestimated yourself, sipping in your glass of cold joy, chilled on the ice of anticipation, you smirked while throwing on that table a full fold of token chips while betting on love.

When the cards were thrown on that table, seeing that you had almost won it all, you felt the heavens on your side, you let your guard down, and that was your second mistake. Just when your arrogance skyrocketed, showing your cards while you thought everyone on the table came clean, destiny smirked while slowly throwing those winning pair of cards in his hold.

"bad beat"

Book's aesthetics ✨✨

A/N: 

Hi readers, a new book is again coming out soon.

This book is more of a dark genre, it could fit into many categories, but the most prominent are 'forbidden love+ love and hatred combined.'

This book is very dear to me, and I'll pour my best into it, so please look forward.

Your opinions, comments, and votes are highly appreciated; they give me the motivation to update punctually, so please keep them coming. 

❉ Italics are only used for inner thoughts.❉

There will be a lot of flashbacks and flashforward in this book, and they will be described in storytelling mode, so if you feel confused, do not hesitate to express yourselves; I'll be more than delighted to answer all your questions.

→N/B: English isn't my first language, so feel free to point out any grammar mistakes or punctuation ones without being harsh on me.

I would like to thank you in advance. Enjoy the read 😘