Chapter Four - The Duel and The Massacre

"Dialog"

Thoughts

'Message'

Spells

Skills

----------

While the villagers have their funeral, Ainz and Tina was off to the side observing them.

Tina was looking at them with a pained face.

"We don't know what trouble we might cause if we arbitrarily bring them back from the dead."

"But..." Tina stops herself with a grimace.

She knows he is right, it could cause trouble, and it is a dangerous move with the little information on the new world they had.

Unable to stay watching them like this while knowing their happiness can be brought back rather easily, she left to walk around the village.

Reaching the fields, she looks off into the distance as she tries to justify not saving them more than just it might cause trouble.

Will I have an easier time if I came as Christina?

Now looking up toward the sky.

No, we didn't know how strong the beings here were, coming as Kourtina allows me to deal with more situations, given it need to prepare for anything, Kourtina was the right choice.

"Will I have an easier time if I came as Christina?" huh? And here I was debating whether to fight to keep my former morals, I'm already trying to abandon them.

At this point, the villagers have already started to return to the village and start salvaging broken items and reorganizing them selves from the aftermath of the attack.

As she looks at them in a trance, she felt something approaching the village.

This was surprising, as she felt it coming even thought it should still be outside of her detection range.

She quickly went to a position where she can see the approaching being, where she was surprised to see a group of what look more like soldiers than knights the faced earlier coming to the village.

On her way to Ainz to warn him about it, the group finally enters her detection range, and she feel all of them, which fuels her confusion more as she can't understand how she was able to sense one of them from further away than the rest.

After alerting Ainz of the group, the chief, Albedo, and Ainz stood out in the open to meet the group as the villagers hid in the chief's house, Tina was hidden nearby under the Perfect Unknowable casted by Noble Silver to observe the approaching group.

As the group closes in, Tina could spot each person have something different about their equipment.

While they look similar, they have defiantly been customized individually, leading Tina believe them to be either a disciplined mercenary group or a veteran unit.

'They all have individual customization on their gear, while still look like they belong in a single unit, it is most probably they are a disciplined mercenary group or a veteran unit of an army.'

'Thanks for the heads up, Tina.'

Tina then closely observes the individual that she detected from further away, a more robust man without his helmet unlike his fellows, who seems to be the group's leader.

The man approaches Ainz on horse back and inspects the group standing there.

"I am the Head Royal Warrior of the Kingdom of Re-Estize, Gazef Stronoff. We've come on the king's orders to subdue the imperial knights terrorizing this region."