63. Wedding | نکاح [Last]

Start from the beginning

"Hey, look at me." His voice was soft, so soft it melted right in her ears and her heart skipped a beat.

She moved her gaze towards him and her hold on her dupatta loosened.

"It's okay." He said as he held her hands. "You want time, you'll get time. You want to go over your decision again and think it through? We'll postpone the wedding and will only have it when you are absolutely sure and comfortable. If you're having doubts and fears, we'll communicate and figure out how we can work on it and fix it."

He ran soothing circles on the back of her hands.

"And please wipe that guilty look away." He said nonchalantly, making it look like it was completely normal to cancel weddings just like that. "The Nikkah might not be happening today but you're still a bride. My bride to be precise. And I want my bride to be happy because trust me, Hayat, I might seem harsh, but I'm actually a pretty decent guy who surely doesn't deserve to witness his bride crying just because she's getting married to him..."

"Qubool hai (I do)."

She said, looking right in his eyes. She was getting married to her protector. Her guardian angel. She had nothing to be afraid of.

"You know, Hayat, you really have to stop giving me shocks like that while I'm in the middle of speaking." He laughed.

The 'Qabool Hai' then reverberated through the premises five more times as they accepted each other in their lives, finally starting their journey together.

As husband and wife.

As one.

******

The night had fallen and the event had been wrapped up, but the house was still buzzing with laughter and delight. Dinner had been served and now it was time for tea. Safa felt exhausted so she excused herself and stood up to go to her room.

Their room.

"Wait. Let me come and take you." Raina said as she put the cup aside.

"What, now that I'm a bride suddenly I'm getting protocol?" She smiled. "I can go on my own. It's alright. You enjoy your tea."

"You've always gotten protocol in this house and you will keep getting that. And besides, today is your big day."

"Alright, then." She laughed as Raina and Asmara came towards her.

The room was decorated with white lilies as the scent lingered around in every nook. The light was dim, giving an orange-ish glow.

"Is there anything that you need, Bhabhi?" Raina asked once they had settled Safa on the bed, stressing on the last word. Her eyes glinted with mischief.

Safa laughed at the endearment and shook her head. She just wanted to rest.

Once they left the room, she leaned against the headrest and rested her head back as she closed her eyes. Few minutes had passed when her phone pinged. It was a message from Azlan.

"I won't come to the room if you don't want me to."

She smiled and texted back.