𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦.

-

the next two days after halloween passed by quickly and before she knew it, skylar was waking up early and heading back to her classes again.

there was a lot of tension within hogwarts. after harry potter's name had been called, and people found out he was the fourth triwizard champion, everyone seemed sour. especially every hufflepuff student, and even professor sprout too.

skylar honestly couldn't blame them, for she had that same bitter feeling towards harry at first until she was told by hermione that he didn't put his name into the goblet. which of course, she believed. but still, he had taken the glory from hufflepuff.

this was their chance to finally step out of the shadows, and skylar believed that cedric could win this competition. they hadn't known each other long but he was one of the smartest people she knew.

usually gryffindor and hufflepuff got along quite well, especially with the friendship the twins, laverna, skylar, and lee had created. but since halloween, they'd grown harsh and distant towards harry and the rest of gryffindor house.

all morning she'd heard nothing but talk about harry and how he managed to put his name in the goblet.

skylar had wondered how it happened since the young boy had claimed he didn't do it. harry didn't seem like the type to go against the headmaster anyway.

did an older student do it, not knowing that his name would get picked? was it some prank that malfoy had set up? either way, it didn't matter now since they weren't taking him out as the champion.

as the week went on, skylar noticed that almost everyone was doing the most to embarrass or bully harry. it felt like the only other person by his side, besides herself, was hermione. but even then, she couldn't choose a side without ron going off.

even his best friend doesn't believe him?

everyone had somehow agreed to only support cedric as the champion of hogwarts. but the attention cedric had been getting was becoming irritating for skylar.

not that it wasn't unusual anyway.

anytime skylar had tried to talk to him, there were always girls asking for his autograph, or asking him to sign literally anything. skylar tried to fight back her snide comments, but it was really frustrating to hold back the urge to shout at all the girls that sent her glares.

once the two finally had gotten a minute alone, she turned to the taller boy. "y'know, your fan-girls are really starting to piss me off."

cedric rose his eyebrows in surprise at her somewhat-vulgar language. "really?"

"really. everywhere i go, there's some girl asking me to introduce her to you. or interrupting me and asking you for an autograph. or sending me death glares from across the hall for absolutely no reason at all!" she ranted, her brows furrowed in frustration.

cedric didn't say anything in reply. skylar leaned over to look at his face and it looked like he was trying to hold back his laughter.

she playfully slapped him in the arm, "come on, i'm being serious. look, i'm used to the first years shooting me looks when i'm around fred and george, but these are teenage girls! the most terrifying of them all."

cedric stopped his movements and turned to her. "okay. i'm sorry they've made you feel that way. i truly am. but it's not like i can just tell them to go away." he defended.

"i can! i don't mind telling a few snotty girls to bugger off."

his eyes squinted for a moment as he looked her up and down. skylar watched as cedric leaned over to her height, his lips inches away from hers.