𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦.

-

the months felt as if they were going too quickly. october had already arrived before skylar could process september. over the past few weeks, skylar had been helping the twins with their homework on some of the classes they were taking.

their attention span was so limited it felt like she was talking to first years.

and on top of that, her and cedric had started to become closer. after every class they shared together, he would walk her to the next one as they talked about random things.

at times, it honestly felt like his friends were making some joke out of them being newly founded friends. sometimes during lunch when he invited her to sit with him, his friends would send him amusing glances as their eyes would constantly shift between him and her. it always made her wish she had just sat with the twins or joined laverna at the library.

'the delegations from beauxbatons and durmstrang will be arriving at six o'clock on friday, 30th of october. lessons will end early and students will return their bags and books to their dormitories and assemble in front of the castle to greet our guests before the welcome feast.'

skylars eyes read the large sign and she let out a sigh. she had forgotten that hogwarts was hosting the tournament this year. a crowd was starting to form as students read it with excitement.

the girl pushed her way out of the crowd and watched as more people filled the hall.

"only a week away!" a girl said, emerging from the crowd.  skylar recognised her as maxine o'flaherty, a beater on the hufflepuff quidditch team.

"I wonder if cedric knows? 'think I'll go and tell him..." skylar heard her say as she ran from the crowd. 

was cedric going to enter the tournament?

skylar watched as maxine's figure disappeared from her line of vision. her brain felt like it was spinning around in circles at the thought. she walked away from the crowd and tried to breathe to calm herself down.

"hey! did you hear?" lavernas voice said, coming up from behind skylar.

"about what?"

"the tournament!" laverna answered excitedly.

skylar shrugged, "oh. i read it, but i don't see why people are making such a big deal about this."

laverna stared at her like she was actually insane. "what? there hasn't been a triwizard tournament in three centuries, sky! and hogwarts is hosting it! It's brilliant. and i heard the twins were going to attempt to enter too."

"WHAT?"

the sound of skylars voice made a few heads turn. "are they actually slow or just dumb? there's no way they'll be able to enter, especially if there's an age requirement." she slightly shouted in a hushed voice.

"two words. aging. potion."

the younger girls eyebrows furrowed, "but they're honestly really terrible at making potions, how are they going to get that?"

laverna stared at her awkwardly. it was no secret that skylar was the best with potions out of the four of them. it finally clicked on what the look she was sending her was.

"NO, NO, NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT!"

the older girl held skylar by her upper arms, "please?" she begged, bringing the 'e' out longer than it needed to be. "they promised they'd never call you skywalker again if you did."