𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰.

-

as september quickly arrived, the wizarding world was still in complete shock over the events that happened during the quidditch world cup. all you ever read in the papers were about that. even skylar was questioned a few times from her fathers fellow workers at the ministry.

and even after everything going on, skylar was still excited about going back to hogwarts. this year was going to be a bit tougher apparently because of the N.E.W.T. level classes she was going to be taking now that she was in her sixth year. 

in all honesty she didn't really mind the new challenges she may face, she just didn't like the fact that professor snape's N.E.W.T. class was probably going to be worse than it already was.

her grades from the O.W.L exams arrived with her hogwarts letter around the end of july. with everything going on, she hadn't had time to discuss her results with the twins , lee, or her only other friend, laverna, due to that.

skylar had received an 'exceeds expectations' in herbology, defence against the dark arts,  transfiguration and potions; an 'outstanding' in charms, history of magic, and astronomy, and an 'acceptable' in study of ancient runes and divination.

it was a bit of shock for the girl when she saw the E next to transfiguration, because she and everyone in her year knew how horrible she was at the subject even after all the times professor mcgonagall had helped her.

as skylar boarded the train for hogwarts, she was met with the twins and lee in their usual compartment that they sat in every year. to think they only had one year after this..

"skywalker!" george greeted, standing up from his seat.

skylar rolled her eyes at the nickname given from their first year. skylar and the twins hadn't seen each other since the world cup. skylar knew they were fine, but she still felt bad about not seeing them before leaving.

the four of them hugged one another. well, they mostly hugged her as skylar just stood there between the six foot two twins and lee. a knock at the glass compartment made them turn their heads, only to see laverna standing there with her luggage.

skylar swung the door open, jumping into the girls arms. laverna dropped her things as she tightly hugged the girl back.

"how was your vacation to america?" skylar asked, pulling away from the girl.

laverna grinned, "it was great! i got to see so many things like the statue of liberty, time square, and i went to so many museums about art." she said excitedly.

fred turned to george, "what's a statue of liberty?" he whispered over to him.

"hell if i know."

☆★☆

once the five arrived at hogwarts, they quickly sat to their tables. laverna and skylar were hufflepuffs sadly, so they never got to sit with the other three. they were honestly the only people from hufflepuff that the twins could tolerate. fred always swore they were misplaced into the wrong house.

as skylar was zoning out, the great hall flooded with applause as the sorting hat finished its new song. skylar always got bored and daydreamed about other things, but still clapped along with everyone else.

professor mcgonagall began the sorting ceremony once more like the previous years; each house clapped and cheered as they welcomed their new housemates. skylar wasn't really paying much attention as it was the same every year.