The Twenty-First Voyage

Start from the beginning

"Ah! You finally make your appearance, King Sinbad!" Kara greeted, before standing from her throne to approach the both of us. Her alike eyes glanced in my direction, understanding practically everything with a single glance. However, instead of lingering, she smiled back at the purple-haired sailor. "Well, it is getting late, and I still have some work to attend to. How about we discuss whatever needs addressing over lunch tomorrow. (Y/N), would you mind taking our guest to their rooms?" I shook my head, meaning to say no, however, my sister took it the opposite way, "Perfect! I'll see you all in the morning~" With that she was gone.

"Right this way." I stated with a smile, before leading them down the corridor. On the other side of the palace was the guest rooms. Anytime Feanel would have an important guest, the red room was the go to. Generally, it was the most decorated room, made to impress. Off to the side, sat a door. Through this door was the foreign nation's servants' quarters, which was also made to impress. It was mere coincidence that the room was on the other side of the large home. "This will be your room, King Sinbad. I hope it's to your liking. As for Sharrkan and Masrur, your rooms are through here." As I showed them around the rooms, Sinbad gazed around the confines, feeling odd about the whole experience. Though the room was spacious and decorated with red, Sinbad could tell that this room was special. The quality of everything was on point. All the pillows were hand stitched. The drape's embroidery was done by the most careful hand. And the frame on the bed was chiseled by an old master. "Sinbad? Are you alright?"

"Yes I'm fine. This is a handsome room." Sinbad commented, which brought a smile to my face.

"Only the best for Feanel's most honored guests." I replied, setting down some more blanket. "I believe I should tell you a few things before you head off to sleep. This palace is opened to the public on the weekends. It is very often that we eat with some of Feanel's citizens during Sunday breakfast, however, your room is a private space so if you request to have your breakfast brought to you, that can easily be arranged. I will not be dining with you and my sister tomorrow or the days that follow, so I hope that explains my absence. I shall be busy with preparations for the Festival of Feanel. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your time here." Before I could leave the room, my wrist was grabbed and flung backwards. My back landed on a broad chest. Looking up, Sinbad's upside down smile was brought to my view. 'How is he so confident all the time?' I asked myself mentally.

"Then where shall I find you tomorrow morning? I'll follow after you." Taking a step away from him, I tried to calm down my inflamed cheeks.

"I wouldn't want you wasting your day, Sinbad. Enjoy your days in Feanel. I'll be taking my leave. Have a good night." I smiled, before leaving him on his lonesome.

The next morning, I woke up bright and early, before getting into my ceremonial dress, I grabbed my harp and flute, before walking out of the room. Checking into the kitchen, I started prepping some of the feast, with some of the kitchen staff. They greeted me with welcoming smiles, as I started doing whatever I could. Once everything was done, I took a good couple of sweets before heading out.

...

"So, Sinbad... what do we owe this visit?" Kara questioned, leaning back into her seat, propping her head up idly with her uncoiled fist.

"If your concerns are centered on the trade deal, I wish to put those worries to rest. The deal I made with your sister is not my complaint. Instead, I have another matter to converse with you about." My sister sat up in her seat, before the King continued.

...

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!! Play the song again, won't you?! Saria messed up again!" Mido urged, tugging my dress childishly.

"I did not!" Saria argued.

"Did too!!" Mido retorted, sticking out his tongue, before hiding behind my skirt. I was just happy that he acted like a child for once.

"Alright, alright. No fighting. That won't get anything done. Now, shall we start again?" They nodded, before getting back into position. This piece was going to be sung during the Night Ceremony during the festival. It had to be perfect, but I understood their frustration. Bringing the flute back up to my lips, I started to softly play the tune. Saria's Song was one of their favorites so I thought it would be great if they sang it during the celebration. After all, they were beautiful singers. That time went smoother, however, more needed to be done. Suddenly, all the children started to giggle uncontrollably. Not at me, but their source of laughter was behind me. Turning to face the source, I saw nothing.

"Miss (Y/N), can we practice while dancing? Don't you know that is the best way to learn a song?" Fado questioned, tugging on my skirt. I gave into their demands, allowing them to do so. I started to play the tune once more as they danced around my figure as I did so. At the end of it, they started giggling again, before running off.

"You do have a wonderful gift, Princess."