🥀 Chapter 13 🥀

CW: Blood, fighting, violence

--------------------------------------------

"NO!!" I screamed, eyes narrowing to raging slits as I leapt at Garra, knocking into them, allowing Flake to jump to his feet. I quickly hopped away from Garra, allowing Saturn and Verdant to deal with the Warden-killer while I rushed over to Flake. "Why did you do that?! You could've gotten killed! I can't allow that!" I snapped, glaring at the Gyroudus. Flake sighed. "Because, I-"

"AHEM." He was cut off very rudely by Garra, who had Saturn pinned to the floor and Verdant with an injured forearm. My eyes widened. "Ready to give up now, pathetic Wardens?"

"No." Boreal stepped in, growling. "We won't stop until we have your head."

"Like you can." Garra sneered. "I'm so much more powerful than all of you combined."

"Yeah right." Ardor snapped.

Garra suddenly leapt forward, kicking Saturn in the process, and landed on Ardor's back, tearing into his skin and drawing blood, causing him to cry out in pain and Boreal to come running over, plucking Garra off and throwing them into a tree. But Garra wasn't done, they quickly leapt back and ripped into Boreal's neck, causing him to gag and fall over, blood pouring out all over the grass.

"NO!" I screamed, running over to Boreal, but Flake stopped me, grabbing my tail and yanking me backwards. I hissed at him. "Why?!"

"Garra will injure you too, so don't. Please." The Gyroudus mumbled, suddenly holding me very close. I scowled at him. "Stop hugging me, I need to protect Boreal!" I ripped away from his grasp, albeit quite violently, and rushed over to Boreal, nudging him. "Please wake up!"

Garra laughed, and I turned my head, glaring at them with burning rage concealed within my eyes. "Now you've really done it." I huffed, squaring up on them and punching Garra right in the stomach.

They retaliated quickly, dashing forward and slashing across my shoulders. I bit back a cry of pain and used my larger middle arms to whack them, pinning them to the floor and hissing at them. Verdant and Saturn rose from the floor and watched with widened eyes, then, they began cheering me on. Ardor and Flake soon joined in, while Boreal remained silent, bleeding out on the floor.

I had no time left to lose. I clamped my jaws around their neck and tightened my grip. Garra clawed at me a bit, but it wasn't too painful, I could handle it. I tightened again, the Warden killer gagging and blood began pouring out.

Suddenly, Garra cried out.

"I-I give up! Stop! Augh!"

Upon hearing their cry of defeat, I let go and stepped away, allowing Garra to get to their feet, growling as they felt the injury I afflicted. Verdant stepped forward, clutching her injured arm as she glared at Garra. "Are you actually giving up, or are you trying to trick us?" She snapped, ears pinned back.

"Yes!" They hissed, and I sighed. "Well, that's good. What about Boreal, is he going to be okay?" I questioned, and the Warden killer shrugged. "Eh, how would I know?" They stated bluntly. "He probably won't though, unless you find a healer or something."

"Where can we find a healer?" Ardor spoke up, narrowing his eyes.

"I think I know one." Saturn spoke up. "He's my brother's friend, from what I've learnt, he lives in the Flower cove."

"Heh, that's where I live too!" Verdant chuckled. 

"Wait, you have residences?" I spoke up, confused.

"Yup. Us Wardens actually don't do much in our days, really, we lie asleep at our temples until the time is right for us to reawake again." Ardor spoke up. "We still have to take you to your one, too, it's in the dunes."

"You built me a temple?" My eyes widened, shocked.

"Yeah! You're our fourth warden, after all!" Verdant grinned at me.

"What about me? Can I be your fifth warden?" Whined Garra, and everyone turned to stare at them. "Well, considering what you've done to us, and your heritage, I don't think so." Verdant stuck out her tongue. Garra stomped their feet angrily. "But I'll be good! Just because I was bred to kill Wardens doesn't mean I can be one!"

Verdant, Ardor and I shared a look.

"Should we trust them?" Ardor asked, and Verdant frowned. "We'll have to see what Boreal says, he's our leader, after all." She stated.

Garra groaned. "Okay, well, if that's the case, I'm coming with you to Flower cove."

"You'd better behave!" I snapped.

"I WILL." Hissed Garra.

"Who's going to carry Boreal?" Saturn spoke up. "He's really big, so we'd need someone strong." Flake then grinned and stepped forward. "I bet I could." He boasted, walking over to the injured Boreal and grabbing him, lifting him up. Verdant's mouth hung open in shock. "Woah, such strength!" She exclaimed.

"Yup, he's quite strong." Saturn smirked and crossed her arms.

"Well, let's make haste! I don't want to risk Boreal dying!" I exclaimed and began walking.

"Uhh," Garra spoke up. "Do you know where you're going?!"

I quickly halted and whirled around. "Not exactly!"

"Let's allow Verdant to lead the way, her temple is in Flower cove, after all, she should know where she's going." Ardor stated, and Verdant nodded. "Yeah, everybody! Follow me!" She roared, marching off in the opposite direction that I had gone. I quickly ran back to the group.

"Hopefully we get there fast enough so Boreal can get better." Verdant stated, and Garra huffed. "And I'd better become a Warden! I want my temple to be in the Volcano."

Verdant rolled her eyes and I sighed. This was going to be a long journey.