🌧Chapter 2🌧

The rain outside had gotten worse. It wasn't just a drizzle, it was a whole downpour. I laid in my cave, gazing at the outside world being drowned in weird droplets from the sky. I've always wondered, what is the true purpose of the rain? It better have a true purpose, because right now, it was just annoying and it made you wet.

Even worse, I was hungry. I didn't feel thirsty much, but my hunger was the annoying part. I did NOT want to go outside! Even if there are berries right outside my cave, I am not letting a single drop touch my back, or head, or ANY part of my body. I deserved to stay dry.

I could hear something outside of my cave. Who would be fine with being in this... Rain?! I get up and take a look outside, without getting wet, of course. 

I could see what it was now.

A pure, elegant creature. With a glowing halo and pristine white feathers. It was the one and only. An Aereis. I had heard of them before, Boreal told me all about them. I watched the flier loop in circles and do several air tricks. Why? Especially in this rain?

Then, it noticed me.

It landed, and then walked up to the entrance of my cave. I got myself ready for battle, in case this "embodiment of chaos" decided to attack me. Who dares!

The Aereis looked up at me. It was small, but not too small. I better get bigger than this, I hate being small. "Are you... The Hellion?" It asked, quietly and cautiously. "Who do I look like? I'm sure you can figure that out yourself." I say. Not a good first impression, but who knows what this Aereis' intentions were.

"You look like the Hellion." The Aereis sat down, it's halo shining brightly. It made my eyes hurt. "Okay, fine. Yes I am the Hellion." I narrow my eyes, looking down at this flier.

"I think you can save us." The Aereis spread it's feathered wings. "Everyone in Sonaria is terrified of that Volcano, including me." Scared of that volcano? Even the KENDYLLS? Yeah right. I yawn, feeling a bit tired after staying up all night. "Like I can save you. I'm just like you all, I'm no warden."

At this point in the conversation, I noticed that the Aereis had a third eye on top of it's head.

"Nonsense! You are the fourth warden!" The creature cried. "We all look up to you!" I scoffed. "Nobody does." I grunt as the Aereis lifted itself into the air. It flew up to my eye level. "You can save us if you try." It stared deeply into my black, hollow eyes.

"If you stare into my eyes like that, fear will activate." I pointed out.

"Oh uh, thanks." It landed on the ground in front of me again.

"What's your name?" Came out of my mouth unwillingly. I quickly cover my mouth with my paws. The Aereis laughed before saying: "My name's Nimbus, nice to meet you." Soon after saying that, her halo glowed more vibrantly, as well as her eyes, and other parts of her body. As soon as that occurred, I just knew.

This Aereis was a glimmer.