23

it was the day when y/n finally could leave the hospital and go visit school again. but before she entered the entrance hall, y/n put on at least 50 tons of makeup so no one could spot her ugly scar.

"what if my pathetic aunt was right after all? i was so popular at school but i feel like everyone  is gonna hate me now. maybe even jooyeon hates me secretly. he's just too nice..."- y/n couldn't stop thinking about.

nevertheless, y/n calmed herself and entered the entrance hall.

when she first entered the hall, everything seemed to be fine. random students were talking and laughing with each other. 

y/n decided to search for lily. she needed to talk to her.

she hoped she would bump into lily before she bumps into her boyfriend jooyeon.

y/n still has no plan how to explain her anxiety about her scar to him.

that's why she needs to talk to lily immediately. she texted her this morning but lily didn't read her messages yet - which wasn't really helpful in this case.

y/n chose to question a random female because she didn't know where lily was. it turned out to be her classmate jinni. "hey jinni! do you have any idea where lily is? i sadly didn't see her until now".

jinni opened her mouth but closed it shortly after looking at y/n in more detail. then she shook her head and turned around quickly to went away.

"weird..." - y/n thought. "did...did she saw my scar and reacted because of it like that?". 

after this very weird encounter a group of boys, more exactly gaon, o.de and junhan passed y/n. they all looked at her for a short while but also didn't share any act of greeting.

something was off. y/n figured that by now.

because of that, y/n grabbed her phone and decided to finally call her boyfriend

after waiting for at least 5 minutes - maybe not actually five minutes but it definitey felt so - and no one picking up, y/n sighed and walked into her classroom.

when she enetred the classroom, not even a single person came up to her. that was quite a unusual situation for y/n. this is how jooyeon must have felt all the time. this horrible feeling when no one actually bullies you actively but no one acknowldges your existence - y/n realised.

then she spotted her best friend lily sitting close to her boyfriend jooyeon.

y/n's eyes grew very wide. since when where they so close with each other? not even a long time ago lily didn't even know jooyeon's name and now they are sitting next to each other and take selfies together?

could it be that something has happened between these two?

was this the reason why now everyone seemed to ignore y/n?

maybe it wasn't because of the scar after all-

maybe everyone already knows that her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend or should she rather say her best friend cheated on her with her boyfriend?

nonetheless, the thing that hurt y/n the most in this moment wasn't the jealousy she felt.

it was the fact that both of them clearly used their phones - but shamelessy ignored her texts and calls.

"lily? ...jooyeon?" was the only thing y/n could say to finally get their attention.

_________________________________________
A/N:

sorry this chapter was quite short - the next one will be longer again :)