Part 7

August 26th-31st, 1956

Hollywood was about as glamorous as you had dreamed. Palm trees lined the streets. The Hollywood sign overlooking the city itself. Everything seemed brighter out here. It was Elvis's first full day on set and you had just flown in, eager to surprise him on set. You had saf that you'd be in later that week but decided to come early, plus Colonel wanted you on set for the first day photo shoot they were doing. The back lot where they were filming transported you back in time to the time of cowboys. Men and women dressed in 1800s clothing walked from the trailers lined against a large studio building. It was almost overwhelming as you made your way on set but it faded away as soon as you saw your best friend sitting on top of a wooden fence. He was already in costume and looked handsome, but the two who stood beside him had you floored. Debra Paget and your celebrity crush, Richard Egan leaned against the fence talking to Elvis. Nerves filled your body as you made your way to them. You could hear Richard's deep laugh as Elvis had said something funny. You clear your throat as you walk up and Elvis glances over and looks back at Richardz then it hits him and he turns back to you, snapping back into reality. "Y/N?!" He hopped off and quickly scooped you up into a big hug. "I thought you were coming on Friday?!" He exclaimed and you laughed. "I thought I'd come earlier to settle in." You said. He couldn't stop staring at you and then he realized his setting and who he was with and gestured over. "Oh so here...this here is Richard and Debra....this is my best friend from back home, y/n." He introduced. You smiled at them, attempting to stay calm and collected. "Nice to meet yall." You said and shook their hands. "So you're Elvis's girl. He wouldn't shut up about you." Debra laughed. She was even more gorgeous in person. Flawless and you understood why Elvis had such a crush on her, but you felt the same way about Richard. He was so handsome and his smile had you melting. "It's a pleasure to meet you my dear. We're glad yo have you with us." Richard said. You fought back the urge to swoon over his words. Thankfully things started to swing into action so you were able to keep your composure. "Ahz you must be y/n, our on set photographer. Colonel Parker told us you'd be here." A man with a receding hairline and glasses walked up. "I'm Robert Webb, the director." He smiled and shook your hand. "This is the best photographer there is sir." Elvis bragged putting his hands on your shoulders as if to show you off. "We're happy to have you aboard dear girl. I'm going to have you out to work immediately I'm afraid. We're having the principal cast photographed today so you'll be working with Richard, Debra, and Elvis here." He informed. You nodded and took your newest Canon V Rangefinder that Jonathan had gifted you before you left. "Is that new?" Elvis asked, clearly impressed with your upgrade. You nod in confirmation and hold it up. "Ready when yall are!" You smile and Robert immediately jumps into action, placing Debra, Richard, and Elvis along the fence and signals you to start taking pictures.

You had to pinch yourself

You had to pinch yourself. You couldn't imagine yourself being on a real Hollywood movie taking photos of some of the most prominent actors in the industry. The only downside was how early you and Elvis had to be on set. You were roomed in a hotel near the studio which made things easier, but this was the exact opposite life that Elvis had previously lived. You knocked on his door promptly at four thirty in the morning. Elvis answered the door, dressed but looking like a zombie. In fact this is when he would start drinking black coffee every day. "Y/n, this is too damn early. I used to stay up all night and sleep all day for my shows and now it's the complete opposite." He complained as you made your way down to the lobby and out to your taxi. You yawned which made him yawn as if you were in mutual agreement of this new lifestyle. The good thing was, Elvis seemed to come alive once he got on set and around his costars. He loved this new experience and you were able to capture every moment.