𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"Hey love? I was wondering if you'd like to go out tonight?"

I stop opening the envelope for a second, before nodding.

"Sure. . . May I know why though? What's the occasion?"

Aha! I finally got it open! A smile appears on my face.

I sigh for a second before contemplating burning it. Then I remember I'm trying to do at least one good deed a day, so this will be it.

I read over it and sigh. A charity? Really? Of all things to invite me too.

It's a charity. One that helps fill their pockets, no less. I don't want any part of it and my good deed has been used up.

But, you get to dress up?

Stop your whining!

But, I want to dress up!!!

Fine, I'll go to the stupid event.

"I- I just need a night out, right now. Go out, get drunk and hopefully life's problems will float away." she says after some time.

"I'm going to take that as code for, 'you'll probably tell me when we meet up.' Where do you have in mind?"

"Thank you! And I'll send you the address. Oh- before I go, wear something club friendly."

The she hangs up and second later my phone beeps. She sent the address.

I go back to reading the invitation.

It's at his company.

9:00 p.m. Why should I be out of my house that late, for people I don't like?

Black or red formal/ classy attire.

I roll my eyes at the last one. If your inviting me for charity event why would I dress flashy?

I thought it was, AlL aBoUt tHE peOpLE?

I pick of my office phone and place a call to the Analytic Department.

"Good day, ma'am. How may I be of assistance to you today?" Remi's voice floats through the other line.

A smile tugs on my lip. "Come to my office, please."

The phone is silent for a second, before he answers.

I hang up the phone and play a game of online Ludo Rush, until he gets here.

I'm about to win, when that stupid yellow pawn decides, to roll a three and kill me. Ugh!

"God damnit. Damn you!"

"You wanted to see me, ma'am?"

I turn my chair around and glare at him. He catches my facial expression and a hesitant smile grown on his face.