Hold Me

"I'm sorry, what? " Louis gasped as he cringed his face at Harry's answer.

Liam shook his head in disbelief. "This is crazy. Crazy." He mumbled under his breath as Louis got up and walked over to Harry by the door.

"Do you mind telling us exactly how it killed your mum?" Louis asked, creasing his brows.
Harry looked down at Louis as fear flashed through his eyes. He then darted his vision across the room, glancing at Liam then Zayn; The both of them seemed quite intrigued at the topic of Harry's mother.

Harry took one last look back at Louis before slowly nodding his head. "Alright." He said softly as he hesitantly entered the room. As he walked, he kept his eyes glued to the wooden floor boards as a heavy feeling in his stomach began to arise.

The others watched as Harry sunk into a spot of mattress next to Liam and sighed as he anxiously began to press his nails into the palms of his hands.
Then, his mouth slowly opened.

"My mother had... dreams," He began. "...I don't know when, but I'm assuming that it started when she'd moved into this house to live with my father."

Liam's eyes grew wide. "Dreams like the one that I just had?"

"Yes. She described them so vividly, but they didn't start hurting her until I was about fifteen..."

"When you say "they" you mean the creature, right?" Louis asked, leaning his back against the door frame.

"The dreams, the creature, whatever you want to call it. But then it got up to a point where there would be nights where I'd find my mother lying in her bed, drenched in blood." Harry's eyes began to well up with tears at the recollection of these memories. "...and then, one night, my dad cried out so loud, I thought that my ears would bleed. I came running to my parent's room to find my father h-h..." Harry couldn't even finish his sentence before the heavy tears began to roll down his pale cheeks that had been dusted with red.

Louis pushed himself off the wall and hastily made his way to Harry's side. "Harry, Harry, Harry..." he whispered empathetically, "...I'm so sorry, you really don't have to continue this if you don't want t-..."

"I found my father holding my dead mother in his arms." Harry said quickly, as if trying to block out the weight of the pain that came from the memory. "After that, my father wasn't the same. He- he couldn't cope. At the time, I felt like he was dealing with more than just the passing of my mother, but I never questioned it. And then my sister, she..." Harry paused and stared at all three boys who were eagerly waiting for him to continue. Well, mainly Louis and Liam.

Harry sighed and continued. "...she murdered my father. She killed him a year after my mother had died." He gritted through his teeth as he balled  his fists.

After what Harry had said, the tension in the room grew thick and unbreathable. He didn't have to see it, but Harry could tell that the others were looking at one another with the most concerned expressions.

"Where's your sister now?" Liam finally spoke up.

However, Harry's face scrunched up distastefully as he sprung up from the bed and exited the room quickly.
All three heads turned to the doorframe as Harry left.

"Wha-..?" Liam turned his head to Louis. "...did I say something?"

Louis shrugged and looked at Zayn who sighed and shook his head. "Stay here, you two." And with those final words, he took off to find Harry.

..................................................................

"What the hell was that?!" Zayn asked angrily as he walked up to the door of Harry's bedroom.