“I… and I know this is no excuse but- I needed to make sure whenever or not you were a hazard to others” Peter tried to explain “Obviously, I have my belief that you aren’t, I have spent many hours with you and have yet to be harmed by you, after all… However, others dont know that, other have seen the injury Miss Warren had and had heard the fairytale she had to tell” Peter’s voice was harsh towards the end, Wade flinched at the tone, forcing Peter to take a breath and calm himself.

“What I mean is…” Peter tried “I needed evidence to proceed with anything- it doesnt matter how many reports I write late at night to prove that you have yet to hurt me once, since it was said that you’ve done it once then…” Peter trailed off with a sigh, risking a glance at the other.

Behind the mask, Wade looked intrigued- by what, Peter didnt know, but he decided it was better than scaring the other so he took the change and continued

“I needed to know what had caused you to hurt someone, then you would be able to socialize with others and actually get to leave your room as long as we managed to avoid what had set you off” he explained “Isolating a patient isn’t right, not in this case at least-“ he watched Wade nod slowly and smiled, stoping his rant when the other picked his notebook to reply at last.

“I do feel like I’m going coo-coo here” he wrote, placing the crayon which he picked back in the neat line Peter had made. The action made Peter feel seen in a way.

“Right” Peter nodded understandingly “What I wasn’t expecting was a fake report, though” Peter frowned, glaring at the table, listening to the scribbling of crayons.

“What report?”

Peter paused, staring at the messy paper as Wade tilted his head in question, notebook held up for Peter to read

“Do you know what Jessica reported?” Peter wondered aloud, watching Wade tense once again, stopping to think before

“I have a feeling”

Peter frowned, as he read the reply, staying silent as Wade began to write once again 

“Said I was too fucked up probably, right?” he wrote, a doodle of a sharp toothed man with red skin besides the writing that was becoming increasingly messy thanks to Wade’s shaking hands.

Wade seemed to wince at something that Peter didn´t know, head hanging low and notebook down. Peter couldn’t see his expression through his eyes anymore, the blinding white lights on the ceiling casting shadows on the mask´s sockets as the man looked down.

“She said you had done it” Peter began to explain because, while it was true what Wade wrote, it wasn’t the full story “The report said that it was you who pushed her down the stairs” 

“WHAT?!” Wade’s voice made Peter jump, the slamming of his fists on the table, discarding the neat set of crayons around the floor. 

He sounded angry, offended, in only one word but mostly… Peter could tell he was hurt.

“She probably lied to keep her job” Peter cleared his throat, trying to shake his surprise away “I asked her to give me a real report… I intend to get my lawyer involved otherwise” he nodded, crossing his arms with a huff.

Wade snickered at something, mumbling something far too quiet for Peter to hear before beguinning to write something once again

“Is that why you were upset?”

“Yes” Peter nodded “Thanks to her you do not the same freedom as other patients, there are those who are aggressive but are still allowed in other rooms due to their mental health- this is simply not fair” Peter pouted before his eyes widened in realization and he quickly fixed himself.

Now, sat back up wit arms placed on the table istead of crossed like a child having a tantrum, a relaxed smile back on his face, Peter pretended as if his small break of character had never occurred and asked

“But nevermind all that, what is it that you were trying to tell me before this?” he asked casually, mentally smacking himself when Wade seemed taken aback by the too sudden change.

Thankfully, Wade didnt seem too bothered as he audibly gasped and began pulling his drawing pad out and flipped back a page or two to circle “I decided on my mask :D!!” excitedly.

Peter chuckled, happy for Wade’s excitement as he opened a page of many different mask designs, the other one with a big picture of (what Peter assumed to be) the chosen mask worn by a man.

Peter blinked, the masked man had a power pose and was holding hands with a little girl, a boy with glasses in the back cheering for them (the butt seemed to be shining if the yellow lines and sparkled were anything to go by).

“Maybe Wade based off his mask on existing characters?” Peter wondered as he tilted his head. Maybe the mask is based off a show or cartoon so its more likable…

Suddenly, a gloved hand was placed above the girl causing Peter to look back up. 

Wade was fidgeting in his seat, eyes avoiding the other. He almost looked confused and uncertain, doing that thing he does- tilting his head slightly side to side.

“It looks great, Wade” Peter praised, smiling and clapping his hands to try lift the mood- which happened to work as Wade snapped his attention to Peter, eyes wide but twinkling.

Slowly, Wade removed the hand from the page, looking down almost fondly at the drawing.

“You seem to really like red” Peter smiled when the attention was back on him “I think the mask looks great, like an upgraded version of your current one” 

Wade nodded excitedly in agreement, writing down “Red is my color” he (Peter assumed) wagged his eyebrows, causing the other to snort out a laugh.

“That it is” Peter chuckled.