Chapter 1 - The Growth of Love

Start from the beginning

I let out a sigh, then I looked at Karma. When I looked at him, somehow he made me a little upset because he showed his devilish face to me. But then, I had to walk to the front and tried to solve the math problem on the blackboard. I took a chalk to write the answer as Koro-sensei stood up beside me, watching me writing the answer.

'Hm? This is not hard.' I solved the math problem quickly and then I gave the chalk to Koro-sensei's hands- I mean tentacles. When he checked my answer, his face changed into red colour and there was a circle sign on his face.

"Nurufufufu. Your answer is correct. You may sit down again," he said as he let me to sit back. I went back to my seat and tried to not talking again with anyone during the lessons.

Although, I felt like Karma watching me.

---

The bell had rung and finally the break time had come. I took my lunchbox and put it on my desk. Then, the students came and gathered around me.

"Yamashita-san. I'm Nagisa Shiota. I hope we all can become good friends in Class E," the blue-haired boy -or trap- said as he smiled.

"I'm Kaede Kayano. Nice to meet you, Yamashita-san!", the green-haired girl said as she greeted me enthusiastically. After that, the others also introduced themselves. I replied them with a small smile.

Nagisa, Kayano, and Sugino invited me to eat lunch together. I accepted their offer and we sat around several tables. We then talked and joked, then we laughed together. Actually, the teacher was funny too, especially Koro-sensei (Karasuma-sensei was just too serious).

'This is really a fun class, huh? Talking with them makes me happy.'

As I thought that, Maehara asked me, "Hey, Yamashita-san... I'm just curious. How did you end up in Class E? Although you are from Class A."

The class went silent. All the students -even the teachers- looked at me, waiting for me to tell the story about the reason I could end up in this place.

'... I don't want to tell them, but... well, it's fine.'

I started explaining while scratching my head shyly, "... Well, my parents say I lost my memories two days ago. Then, when I went to school yesterday, some students in my class asked me for money and they would hit me if I didn't give the money. They said I've defended Class E and I mocked them a week ago, so... we fight, and then... I end up in this class."

They listened until I finished my story. We went silent for a few minutes, then Nakamura broke the silence, "You are strange."

I tilted my head. "Why...?"

"Because you look calm and happy even though you have lost your memories and end up in Class E now. Do you remember the reasons why you defend us, Class E?", asked Nakamura.

I went silent for a moment, thinking. 'Well, I don't know what this girl was thinking since I'm not her. But, if I...'

I smiled. "I think it's because I don't like discrimination."

When the students and teachers heard that, they widened their eyes, but then they smiled at me. After that, the atmosphere changed back from serious to calm. They all talked again with each other as I just observed Koro-sensei. Realized that I was observing him, he smiled -although his mouth always like that- with a face that shows pride to me.

After I had finished eating, I looked to the left and right. I just realized that Karma was not here.

"Where is Karma-kun?", I asked to Nagisa.