An Unexpected Directioner.

Start from the beginning

"You know, I think I might've fixed Dré and Mr. Charlie's relationship." her hands froze while mid-knit and she looked at me for a second before smiling.

"You have?"

"Yeah. I mean not totally but I think I gave them a starting point to talk things out. They bonded quite well during the trip. By bonded I mean bickered and argued all the time." We both laughed at that.

"I'm glad they're mending their friendship. It's been a long time since they actually talked with each other no? I prefer them bickering than staying mute with each other."

She stood up from her seat and dropped her knitting materials on it before coming to sit beside me on the bed. She looked at me for a moment or two before engulfing me in a hug. "Thank you mía."

I hugged her back and inhaled her feminine scent and we pulled away after some seconds.

"So you and André didn't work out?" She asked and I covered my face with my palms.

"Clara I am so so sorry."

"It's alright mía and please, just Clara is fine. The Mrs. makes me feel so old." She said causing me to chuckle.

"André's my son, but I never really saw you two as a fit."

I peeled my hands from my face and looked at her. "Really?" I asked her.

"Yes." She patted my hair in up and down motions.

"Besides, it seems you have heart eyes for someone else."

I gasped. "Clara! How do you always manage to read me like a book? My whole 'unpredictable' act must not be working then."

She laughed at me. Her laughter was warm. Everything about her was warm. She was the kind of person that being around, made you want to tell her everything.

"Did I ever tell you how I came to adopt André?"

"He's adopted?" She laughed once again. I didn't mean to sound so surprised but Dré never mentioned it. Sure they didn't look alike but I assumed he took after his father.

"Sí." She nodded.

"Sebastian, mí amor. He was the sweetest man alive. We had tried for years to bear children but it was impossible. We visited the clinic and they told me I was infertile. He was so supportive through all the processes and told me not to blame myself or despise myself. He said it wasn't my fault. An angel.

After spending money on various methods, we decided to adopt. He was only a baby when we adopted him but he was the cutest baby. I never understood how someone could abandon such a beautiful baby. We knew he was the one the moment we set eyes on him and when we brought him home, all our gloomy days turned bright and happy once more.

We called him our miracle child even though we didn't birth him. Sebastian loved André, even more than himself. When he passed..." She stopped mid-sentence and her eyes turned glassy. I reached into my jean pockets and pulled out a handkerchief and reached it out to her.

She took it, wiped her eyes, and sniffed. This must be very hard for her to talk about.

"He had this business he was doing, it was an oil company. The business suddenly went bankrupt and so we weren't able to pay bills. I was working as a maid for Charlie's family but that alone was not enough to take care of André and Seb.

He went to the office one day because he was close to the CEO; they were looking for ways to salvage the company. If only I had forced him to stay at home, he would still be with us." She shook her head and lifted her head toward the ceiling before looking down at her hands on her lap. I placed my hand on her back and rubbed it in soothing motions, trying to console her.