Everyone's fighting demons of their own.

"Shall we have a drink, Mr. Charlie?" Anxiety gripped me as I said those words. I didn't want to seem like I was pushing my luck or taking advantage of the fact that he stood up for me. I put a smile on my face, as I awaited his response and when he nodded, relief flooded my mind. I even let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Where do you have in mind?" The lift dinged and we walked out side by side and outside the building doors. "Somewhere that'll be open by?" He glanced at this wristwatch before continuing.

"-2pm?" I gave him a look and laughed at my boss.

"Hello? This is London. Pubs are open at all hours of the day and I know a wicked place we can get drinks."

I hailed a taxi and opened the door for Mr. Charlie to get in before closing the door and entering the other side.

I told the driver the location and he began to drive. I stole a glance at Mr. Charlie and he gave me a smile I hadn't seen before. I was glad he no longer had that scary look that was on his face back in the lift. I reciprocated the smile and turned to look out the window, my smile slightly dropping.

The bar I was taking Mr. Charlie, was a place that held memories for me and not really the good ones.

Years ago, after my dad left us, my mum frequented this place more than our house and spent all day drinking.

That's where a huge chunk of our money got spent. Booze. And that's also why she felt guilty whenever I took on a job to help out.

But I wasn't mad. If anything I desperately hoped that all the drinking would make her feel better but it didn't.

Before the incident with my dad, my mum and dad used to have date nights in this same place. Yup.

She would start drinking, then reminiscing, wondering what she did wrong. Would question if she wasn't enough that my dad had to leave us with no explanation and end up bawling her eyes out.

They were in love. Or so I thought.

They looked like they'd be end game till he suddenly upped and left and never came back, cutting all contact from us.

I was still in middle school around that time so I would come straight from school in my uniform to pick up mum from here. It went on for months till thankfully, my mum found her footing and decided to go to work again. I guess you could say she wanted to find another coping mechanism that's not so toxic to her liver.

I shook my head slightly and continued staring at the buildings as we passed by them when a thought suddenly ran through my head.

"Shall I clear out your schedule for the day? There aren't any major deals or signings to be done. Those can be moved to tomorrow but you were supposed to have dinner with Mr. Daniel and Miss Rebecca. Should I place a call to them to-"

"You don't need to do that, it's fine. Go ahead and clear my schedule. I'll place the phone call to them. You can also clock out for the day."

I nodded and closed the iPad. "Just be Louise Jackson for today not the personal assistant to Charlie Chadwick."

"Noted." I smiled and looked back at the window that seemed so interesting I kept looking back at it. If you can't sense my sarcasm here. I...I don't even know what to say to you.

Somewhere in Chadwick Corporation...

"Sir. Your son just left in a taxi with his personal assistant. I don't think they are heading back to the office." The loyal dog to Mr. Chadwick filled him in.