Chapter 2

Adaline POV

John pulled up to the McCall house. I took a deep breath.

"So, I guess this is it." I say.

"Adaline, I want you to have some things." John says popping the trunk and getting out of the car.

I do the same and walk to the trunk. He pulls out a big black leather box with a pentagram on it. He opened it and in there was a bottle of holy water, a pistol with rock salt bullets, a hand gun, a container filled with rock salt, a dagger, a demon blade, a book of exorcisms, and rosary beads.

"I want you to have this so you can protect yourself. I also have these." John says pulling out a stack of his books that I've been reading.

"Thank you so much, John. For everything. I love you." I say.

"I love you too, sweetheart."

"Goodbye."

"Goodbye."

With that I grabbed all of my bags and walked into Aunt Melissa's house. I closed to door and then broke down into sobs. I slid my back down the door and landed in my butt. Thank God Melissa wasn't home yet. I was home alone. The key word being Alone.

•••

That night I just got a hot shower and sat by my windowsill, clutching onto the silver locket Dean had given me for my birthday last year. I opened it to see a picture of me and Dean at the arcade, having the time of our lives shooting video game zombies. I looked up to the stars.

"Cross my heart, hope to die, through the flames I say goodbye." I whispered.

Dean POV

That night, I sat at my windowsill thinking of Adaline. I really wish she didn't have to leave. I sat there, looking through the photo album she made me for my birthday. I looked up and said...

"Cross my heart, hope to die, trough the flames I say goodbye."