Chapter 1

Adaline POV

I was sitting on the couch of the Motel room with Dean. We're watching old horror movies from the 80's. Sammy was asleep in the bedroom and John was out of town on a hunting trip. The Motel phone started ringing so I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Adaline. It's John. Is Dean with you?"

"Yeah..." I answered warily.

"Put the phone on speaker, please."

"Ok." I clicked the speaker button and Dean turned of the TV and looked at the phone. "It's on speaker."

"Look, I'm not sure how to tell you this, but, your Aunt Melissa just called. She gained custody of you. I'm sorry. Dean, go and help Adaline pack her things. I have to drop you off tomorrow. I've gotta go. I love you guys. Bye." John spoke.

I hit the end button. Dean and I looked at each other. We both had tears in our eyes. He got up slowly and held out his hand for me to take. I took it. He pulled me up and gently pulled me into a hug. Then I let the tears come.

•••

Today was the day. I had already said goodbye to Sanmy and John was loading my bags into the car. The only one left to say goodbye to was Dean. He walked into the room and we just stared at each other.

I slowly took both of his hands in mine and held them up. As I did this I whispered...

"Cross my heart, hope to die, through the flames we say goodbye." I then intertwined our fingers.

"Cross my heart, hope to die, through the flames we say goodbye." He repeated, both of us on the verge of tears. I couldn't take it anymore. I broke down and threw my arms around his neck. He started to cry too and threw his arms around my waist.

 He started to cry too and threw his arms around my waist

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Goodbye, Dean." I said, grabbing my bag and backing away towards the door.

"Goodbye, Ads."

I then turned to door knob and walked out to the car, tears streaming down my face.

Dean POV

I stood there, staring at the doorway through which my first love left, trying desperately to hold the tears back.

"You really do love her, don't you?" Sammy asked from behind me

"You really do love her, don't you?" Sammy asked from behind me. I jumped, startled by his sudden appearance.

I nodded.

"Then what the hell is wrong with you? Get out there before she leaves and kiss her!" He said.

I rushed out the door to come face to face with Adaline.

"What are you doing?" I asked her, staring straight into each others eyes.

"I forgot something." she whispered, her eyes flicking down to my lips. I did the same to her.

"Me too." I said. I then smashed my lips to hers. She responded immediately, our lips moving together in sync.

The kiss was slow and passionate

The kiss was slow and passionate. It was her first kiss and I couldn't be happier about that. And believe it or not, it was my first kiss too. I had to kiss her before she left. She's my the one that got away.