13.5 || Glimpse of Us

a/n: this is SLIGHTLY inspired by the song "A Glimpse of Us" by Joji. Not the emotional cheating part of it lol. I headcanon that Morax and Guizhong were lovers, so here this is. Someone plz stop me with the angst (';Д;`) Anyways, this is as a thank you for 1k reads!

⊱ ────── {⋆❀⋆} ────── ⊰

Dear My Love,

It seems that another 100 years have passed since I last saw you. Many things have changed once again. I have given away my Gnosis and thus my power as an Archon. With three thousand years comes a time where five of the original Archons have already departed. It compels me to question if I, too, have finished my duties as the Archon of Liyue, seeing how it flourishes so. I request your wisdom to guide me in this matter, just as you have in the past.

Speaking of the past, I am pleased to say that Buer has returned after years of their disappearance. They go by the name of (y/n) in their new mortal vessel. I believe that you would have loved to call them by this beautiful name. I have asked for them to look over Xiao's health in return for giving them a place to stay. Much to my distaste, it was not set on the basis of a contract, but I was not upset that it was as a favor from a friend to a friend...something you have taught me.

I watch daily as Xiao and (y/n) grow close to each other. The young Adeptus seems to have found solace in the arms of (y/n). There were days when I worried for his health greatly. He is still fulfilling his duty without fault, but his soul was hardened from years of war, much like I was. I am happy that (y/n) has opened his heart to heal with their patience and understanding. Perhaps they have learned the arts from you, my dear.

Now, Xiao walks closer to Liyue Harbor than he has ever done and is more inclined to learn of a world outside of war. Often do I find him and (y/n) on walks or drinking tea with Cloud Retainer for stories of the old.

Sometimes I look in their eyes, and that's where I find a glimpse of us. I am lost as I feel an unfamiliar emotion brewing in my chest whilst I watch the two. I can only watch them in confusion, hoping that it was us, but it is foolish to dwell on such an impossibility. You are of the past, the history that I will always remember. And although we are not together, you continue to shine like gold in my memories.

I am writing this in the cave that Buer has shown us once in the cherished past. It seems that they have come here today before me--there is a particular glaze lily that is flourishing in the moonlight, opened beautifully and glowing in a magical presence I recognize to be theirs. I will bury this letter in the heart of the lands, beneath that flower, and hope that my words reach you.

Please continue to bless our home with your love.

Sincerely,
Rex Lapis