True to his word, we stopped at a cafe for breakfast. It was warm and small. Mateo treated the waiter at the door and they spoke for a bit before we sat down. He came to our table with menus and left us to choose.  I wanted ricotta pancakes and a cappuccino while Mateo had frittata and a latte. Mateo of course did the ordering for both of us and we ate in comfortable silence.

Mateo had offered me a fork of his frittata by holding it up to my lips and I took it. I sighed contently as I chewed, letting the flavours melt in my mouth.

"Good?" Mateo asked and I nodded.

We got cannolis for the road after our breakfast and set off around. We drove through the city and stopped at some of Mateo's childhood spots like his schools, and his first job place and we even picked up souvenirs from keep shops. After that, we went to the Maranello Rosso Ferrari Museum before getting lunch at a restaurant.

"Where are we going after this?" I asked twirling my pasta in my fork.

"We'll be setting off to Bologna. It's about a two-hour drive. I want to take you to Portico of San Luca and then dinner," he replied.

I've been enjoying Italy's scenery so far and most of the people are very nice. The small majority however is just nasty glances and glares. None of them however felt the need to walk up to us or express their displeasure in my existence and Mateo's choice to be with me.

We set off for Bologna after lunch and I spent the entire ride introducing Mateo to the world of RnB. We had tracks from SZA, Summer Walker, Brent Faiyaz, The Weeknd, Beyonce, Ciara and many more. I practically spent most of it belting songs.

Bologna is beautiful and so rich in culture. The Portico of San Luca was breathtaking with the sunset hitting the walkway. 

"Can you please take pictures for me? For memories," I asked Mateo and he nodded.

He agreed and I handed him my phone for him to take pictures of me while I posed. He immediately went into photographer mode and I almost asked him how he knew but I let it be. It's probably Isabel who makes him take pictures for her.

After several pictures, I decided to get my phone and we took selfies together. Mateo stopped an older lady and asked her if she could take our picture and she agreed. I gave her my phone and we posed for pictures.

"You're a very beautiful couple," the lady said and handed me my phone.

I thanked her and she left before I could explain that we weren't together. It's of no use explaining when we're literally walking down the streets of Italy hand in hand.

We drove down to a restaurant and walked into it hand in hand, yet again.

"buonasera, prenotazione per Hernandez," Mateo spoke to the hostess at the door and she replied before guiding us to a private floor with a balcony.

(Translation: good evening, reservation for Hernandez)

We were left with the menus and looked through for what to eat. I decided on the Mussel Fettuccine With Napoli Sauce and white wine while Mateo got the Chicken Pesto Panzanella Salad and water since he's driving us home. Like every other meal I've eaten since we arrived, dinner was excellent. Italian cuisine is truly magnificent.

"Thank you for the day, Italy is beautiful," I thanked Mateo while we stood on the balcony watching the sunset.

"It's my pleasure. I don't think I would have enjoyed this trip without you by my side," 

I turned to face him and it was like the world stopped at that moment. It was just us. The busy city below us was suddenly forgotten. My entire being was warmed by his gaze, which filled my entire existence. I did nothing as the distance between us gradually diminished. What was coming next was already in my head.

"I'm serious Nadia. Your presence brings me so much peace. Peace is something I haven't felt with anyone in a while. I didn't even think I could feel that way again," 

I was at a loss of words. I had no idea he felt that way about me and would never have given it a second consideration. Knowing that I have succeeded in my goal of creating a safe environment for individuals makes my heart happy. This individual however ended up being Mateo.

"Mateo," that was all that left my throat and my head struggled to put together words.

He pulled me in for a hug as he caressed my face and kissed me on the forehead. I gave him a hug back and put my head on his chest. My eardrums heard an irregular heartbeat from him. The speed is similar to mine.

"Nadia, will you give me the opportunity to take care of your heart?" He asked and I pulled away from him to look him in the eye.

"What do you mean?" I asked in disbelief. Is he asking what I think he is, I'm going to pass out.

"Nadia, will you be my girlfriend?"