THE DEAL 28

The beat of the music vibrating in Chaeyoung's ears was so loud that it almost made her hearing ache. But she didn't mind it a bit. She couldn't care less if the headphones she's using is starting to make her earlobes sweat, or the throbbing neck pain from minutes of being cocked to the side, lying down facing the wall and staring at it blankly. No, she don't give a fuck at all those things.

She took a shaky breath as the familiar line of the song was heard, letting a painful memory of a very important person invade her mind. But she felt nothing. There was no tears, no emotion visible on her face, nothing. It's as if she'd grown numb.

Her peaceful moment was interrupted by a hand shaking her arm lightly. She sighed, closing her eyes as she try to contain the frustration. She turn her head and saw her bestfriend, Tzuyu, looking down at her.

Chaeyoung watch her lips started moving, speaking out words, probably throwing questions at her, but she didn't bring herself to put down her headphones much even listen to what her friend is saying.

Noticing that the short girl is not paying attention, Tzuyu sighed and slowly slide down the headphones down to her neck.

"Chaeng..." Tzuyu started.

"What?" Chaeyoung replied, in a cold manner.

Tzuyu ignored her tone and says, "The others are waiting for you in the dining area. Join us for breakfast."

Chaeyoung turn her body away from Tzuyu, and faced the wall. "No thanks. I'm not hungry."

Tzuyu sighs. "Chaeng, I know that this day is going to be hard for you, but you don't have to starve yourself. Come on, eat with us."

Chaeyoung didn't reply and kept her body turned away from her bestfriend. Seeing this, Tzuyu lean and put her chin on Chaeyoung's arm.

"Chaeng, please. Don't make me worry. As much as I want to let you be and have this day to yourself, I wouldn't be put to rest if you don't have enough food intake in your system. It'll only make you more drained than ever. Trust me, you wouldn't want that. So please, join with us. At least have a sandwich or something, just to know that you've got food in you."

Chaeyoung turn her head and saw the worry on Tzuyu's face. Knowing that her bestfriend would stop at nothing into convincing her, she agreed.

The two of them walked downstairs to the dining room where the group are already eating. Most of them greeted Chaeyoung softly, not wanting to scare the short girl away.

Clenching her jaw, Chaeyoung shoved away the irritation she starting to feel, seeing the sympathetic look on her friends' faces and gave them a small hesitant smile, approaching her seat beside Mina.

Not forgetting her role she's suppose to portray, she gave a gentle kiss on Mina's head and send her a smile, before she sat down.

Throughout the breakfast, Chaeyoung was mostly quiet, occasionally nodding and sometimes giving brief replies. She was aware of Bambam tending to Mina's need and the subtle look her fake girlfriend is giving her, but she had no strength to mind it. Her mind was occupied with a certain person close to her heart, as she mindlessly pick at her food.

"Someone's feeling out of place here with her gloomy aura. Wonder what got her down." Bambam smirked, his eyes traveling to Chaeyoung.

Mina glance beside her and saw the blank look on Chaeyoung's face. Without hesitation, she put her hand on top of the short girl's, which made the latter glance at her.

"Is something wrong?" Mina whispered.

"Nothing. I'm just... not really feeling hungry is all." Chaeyoung mumbled, giving her what she hoped is a reassuring smile.