Vol 1 Chap 2 : Partnering exam

Start from the beginning

This is a small addition to clear up confusion and make the process of partnership more clean. This would also prevent people from targeting each other's partners for the sake of increasing the chances of expelling them

" In the event that a second-year student fails to acquire a partner before the deadline, a random first-year student would be selected for them at 8 AM of the exam day. Additionally, since you guys's number are smaller in comparison to the first-years, the leftovers would have their score doubled in order to compensate for their lack of partner. "

It seems reasonable enough, a total number of 16 students has gotten expelled from our grade so there is bound to be some leftovers. This is a plus for the second-years, since they don't have to worry about not getting a partner.

" However, in both of those cases. The students would incur a penalty of 5% deduction on their score, so you'll be forced to act up before the time runs out. "

This would ignite a small fire under the first-year students to act up and actively search for partners in order to not fall on this category. Which means another plus for the second-years

Hmm... I wonder how far would this go

" Now that we are done with the partnering method, let's move on towards the other parts of this exam " Chie-sensei switched the screen towards another page and wiped some sweat off her forehead " As I explained before, both of you and your partner's combined scores have to reach a certain threshold. On the day of 22nd, you'll be tested on five subjects each one with a 100 points in total of 500. Just like your usual midterms~

" However, there would be an added twist~! "

She gave us a mischievous grin before tapping on her tablet and switching images on screen.

" Sensei, what's that ? " Somebody blurted out and asked.

E Rating - Between 150 and 200 Points

D Rating - Between 200 and 250 Points

C Rating - Between 250 and 300 Points

B Rating - Around 350 Points

A Rating - Around 400 Points

" These are the possible points that can be scored based on your academical abilities " Chie-sensei elaborated, before giving us some time to read and understand the text. " The added twist is that it would be pretty much impossible for somebody to score very high points, let alone ace it. It would contain questions from university level to even post-graduation, like if you manage to score above an 80 you'll already be considered pretty amazing~!

" However, you don't have to fret. It is pretty much impossible to score high points, but it would be pretty easy to score good points. Those on the screen are just estimations on how much you'll score based on your academical rating "

It came as a huge relief to my Classmates that they won't have to take on an impossible exam. Based on those estimations alone you could clearly see the difference of averages, and it also gives you ideas on some potential pairs.

" Sensei~ what is the minimum threshold a pair has to reach ? And what happens if we don't reach it ? " Honami questioned.

" 501 " At that blurt, I felt my eyes slightly shot open. " A Pair's combined score must reach at the very least 501 total points. Failing in doing so would result in severe consequences "

Chie-sensei switched her screen towards the next page and looked at all of us.

" If you fail to reach the threshold, both parties would be subjected towards punishments.