🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

"Before we begin, I'd like to address these five new individuals here." He nodded towards the four girls and Grim. The girls all looked up at Crewel nervously. "Uhh... hi, Crewel-sensei...?" Aria greeted sheepishly as everyone turned their attention to her and Grim.

Crewel leaned toward the girls. "Now, darlings," he began to whisper, "it is my understanding that you four are all girls and that none of you have any magic since the headmaster informed me... but rest assured. Seeing as how you all are a fresh litter of first-years, there will be no magic needed... at least, not yet."

"Phew...!" all the girls sighed in relief. "Aww, are you kiddin' me?" Grim grumbled in disappointment. "However!" Crewel suddenly barked, causing all five of them to stand up straight. "Don't expect any special treatment just because you're all girls. I intend to teach each and every one of you puppies discipline. Am I clear?"

"Y-Yes, sir! We understand!" Alice shouted while some nearby students snickered quietly

"Y-Yes, sir! We understand!" Alice shouted while some nearby students snickered quietly. "Good girl." Crewel praised before he turned around, flourishing his coat as he went. "Now, hurry up and take your seats. It's time for class to begin."

The students then took their seats and listened attentively. "Let's start with the basics. I'm going to hammer the names and appearances of 100 different kinds of both medicinal and poisonous herbs into your tiny little brains." Professor Crewel instructed as he firmly slapped the pointer into his hand.

Alice gulped silently. "I sure hope he means that figuratively." she thought worriedly. "Fungi will come at a later time. Memorize these so that you don't go poisoning yourselves with random things lying on the ground." Crewel continued as he walked a few steps around the classroom.

He then turned to his desk and picked up a large stack of paper. "Dogs really do eat whatever is lying around. So that not a single puppy gets anything near a failing mark, your training will be harsh and strict." He then cracked his pointer to emphasize his point, making everyone jump at that.

" He then cracked his pointer to emphasize his point, making everyone jump at that

"Dogs?" Alice thought in confusion. Crewel handed the stack of papers to another student and one by one, each student received a copy of the sheet. Alice had a notebook and pencil out and began to write out which types of potions were poisonous and which ones were safe. She also used the page she got as a reference.