Chapter 17

Chapter 17

(Candi)

Two months gone by and guess who is twenty one today; me. I'm so excited right now. I was having a big party today at me and Gabi house. She's even letting me invite Neya but only if her wife comes along. I was on my way out the door to get my hair, feet, and nails done. Then I am picking up my party outfit from the cleaners. I was stuck in traffic I got call from a number I didn't recognize so I answered.

Candi: Hello

Mom: Hey sweetie happy birthday I know this is my first time speaking to you since you were sixteen but let explain............ I just had a hard time processing the fact that my daughter is gay. I wanted to have grandchildren and on top of that you married outside your culture. I know I said a lot of hateful things to you but I just been stubborn over the years and I just want my daughter back. I miss you so much sweetie

Candi: I miss you too mom and I'm having a party tonight you should come you know what how about you come with me and we can get our hair and stuff done together and catch up like old times my treat

Mom: Lol sweetie it's your birthday so I'll pay

Candi: See you later love you mommy

Mom: Love you too see you soon

With that being said I text my mom the salon I was going to and the traffic finally cleared up. As me and my mom was getting our hair done talking she told me Neya got in contact with her and told her to stop being so stubborn and talk to me. Neya doing that was the sweetest thing ever. She put my mom and I relationship back together and that really made me happy.

****************

The party was coming to an end and I was about to thank everyone for coming out but first I pulled Neya alone to the side since I finally got her all to myself since the party started. I just gave her big huge hug. After that I let go and I just continued to smile at her.

Neya: Lol your extremely happy

Candi: Thank you so much for getting my mom to talk me that was best present I got tonight and that is most sweetest thing anybody has ever done for me

Neya: Anything for you beautiful

Just as we leaned in and was about to kiss I heard someone clear their throat. It was Gabi; I got chills in my body as that evil smirk appeared on her face. Then she grabbed my hand we went to the microphone to thank everyone for coming.

Gabi: Can I have your attention everyone please........... first off I just wanna say happy birthday again Candi and I'm also going to announce our divorce. I found out I can no longer be married to a nasty whore like her. Hey Candi tell your mom about your job or even better tell Patricia how you fucked her wife or the icing on the cake do tell everyone how you screwed Bobby. Fuck you and we are over.

With that being said she dropped the microphone on the ground, she whispered in my ear I warned you and all eyes were on me. Before I knew it I was getting jumped by Toni and Patricia. But I put up a good fight. About seven minutes later the fight was finally broken up. The crowd started to leave and before I knew it it was just me and Gabi here. She was giving me a evil look when I got to the room and I found my suitcase packed. I looked at Gabi. She told me she hired a private investigator because she didn't trust me. I had recently sold my apartment because it was costing me money. Before I knew it Gabi was kicking me out. She even took back the car she gave me. As I was walking on the side of the road I found myself puking in a ditch. Great way to end my birthday.