22 || an organized mess

Începe de la început

"He doesn't seem like the kind to care about kindness," Aaliyah said, to which everyone—but mainly Mylo—practically gasped in shock. Hell, even I was shocked. I did care about personality.

"You've spoken to him, right? He's the definition of dreamy. I mean, he's like ideal boyfriend material right here."

"He's media trained. Has been for a lot longer than any of us, excluding Kylan maybe. If you look anywhere past that facade, you can tell he's like a total freak and a bit of an asshole."

The words hit me harder than I thought any words could. How come even me barely speaking got me labeled a freak and an ass?

"No he's not," Maria said, defending me. "He's sweet."

"Eh, he can be a bit of an asshole," Kylan said with a shrug. I had to squeeze my phone between my fingers to keep my cool. Flipping out on him would only prove his point.

"Yeah, but not in a 'god, I hate him' way. Like, I'd somehow still trust you to watch my drink," Aaliyah reassured me. I didn't know what that meant, though.

"Oh I think I get it," Mylo said. "Yeah, I see it now. Totally the hookup kind of guy, but in a respectful way. His dad kinda gives off those same vibes."

"Dude, how are you gonna mention his dad in a conversation about him hooking up with people?"

"Why are we having a conversation about my hookups in the first place?" I was ready to get up from the table to have lunch in my trailer again, but Mylo already saw this coming and placed his arm around my shoulders. Now I couldn't even leave without making a scene.

"See?" Aaliyah said. "Total asshole. But in a respectful way."

"Anyway, back to the point of the conversation... is she hot?" Mylo asked, to which Maria punched him again.

"I bet she is," Kylan said with a smirk. "What exactly does she look like? What's her name?"

I tried not to show any emotion. He just wants a reaction.

"Can we talk about something else?" I asked. I never liked having all this attention on me. This wasn't an exception. In fact, this was worse.

"You're so mysterious," Mylo said. "I love it."

The day went by a lot quicker when I didn't talk to anyone. I instead checked my phone every chance I got, and while I did get teased into oblivion for it, it was better than exchanging any words in the same general area Kylan was in.

Unfortunately for me, Kylan tried everything to make us appear 'friends'. He was like a parasite leeching for my energy.

"Are you mad at me or something?" he asked after I'd deliberately avoided him a couple of times.

"No," I said.

"You know you can't lie to me."

"I can't lie to anyone. You're not special."

"So you are mad at me. Why?"

"'What's her name?' Seriously? I thought you were the one telling me I should keep it to myself but now you're the one putting me on the spot?"

"I only solidified it," Kylan said. "Now they know you're straight. You're welcome."

"I didn't want them to think I'm straight. I didn't want them to think anything. Now it just feels like I'm a fucking liar." I had done everything I could to keep this ambiguous, knowing I can't lie and I don't want to, but now all of that plan was ruined by Kylan's little joke.