Chapter 33

"So you did cheat on dad" Theo accused his mother, once the Queen was out of earshot. He could tell by his mother's reaction that her daughter's existence being discovered was a big deal — no way that would be the case if the girl was adopted.

"I didn't, nor would I ever" Christina said with a tired sigh. She was already exhausted from the emotional toll this was taking on her.

"Well Alphas can't have multiple children, and they sure as shit can't have daughters" he said with attitude. "You may think the pack education system wasn't good, but I know that much."

"I know, and you're right" she agreed. "But the rule doesn't apply just to the Alpha male. Lunas should not be able to carry more than one child, so the fact that I have another child is not proof of my infidelity — it's proof of a miracle."

Theo scoffed, not bothering to dignify such a statement with any other kind of response.

Sighing again, Christina realized he wasn't going to say more so she continued. "You're a twin, Theo."

He frowned. "What?"

She nodded. "Her name is Karma, she was born first. You had perfectly protected her in the womb so that nobody discovered she was there until she shocked us all with her arrival" she said with a small laugh. "I always imagined that meant you two would have been best friends growing up if things had turned out differently..." she added wistfully.

Theo thought on his mother's words a bit longer. She was right, no Luna should have had more than one child; faithful to their mate or not, the one child rule applied to the Alpha couple. Even if she left her mate, the rule would still apply to her body, it was how things worked. So how did she have twins? And how was one of them female? It made no sense!

"I want to meet her" he said, deciding he had to judge this for himself.

Christina pursed her lips as she stared at her son, not sure it was wise to let the two meet just yet. She didn't want to let anyone know that Spectre was her daughter, nor that she was Theo's sister; so, she was reluctant to introduce them under the circumstances.

"You can tell him that she's the Spectre, so he understands that he's meeting his sister when he sees her" Faith suggested.

Nodding, Christina considered the option. She wasn't sure she should be trusting her son with that information, though. Deciding it wasn't her decision to make alone, she reached out to her daughter to ask her opinion.

"Karma, are you in the palace?" She asked.

"No, I'm looking for the stupid wolf of the stupid prince in the Lupine realm to confirm his stupid mate bond is fine" Karma replied grumpily.

Christina almost laughed aloud at her crabby daughter's childish response. "Why is that such an inconvenience?"

"It's not. I just hate doing things for people in response to tantrums; but for some stupid reason Alessia wants to cater to the Prince's every whim. He threw me against a wall, and she wouldn't even let me so much as kick him in the shin!" She said, motioning around with her hands as she walked through the Lupine realm to emphasize her points even though Christina couldn't see her.

"He what?!" Christina growled in shock.

"I'll take that as a no" Theo mumbled, thinking his mother was growling because he wanted to meet her sister.

Christina blinked, looking at Theo. "Sorry, sorry, I'm talking to your sister. I wanted to see if she could come here now and she told me something that upset me is all. One moment" she said, returning to her mindlink conversation with Karma.