Chapter 6 "Beacon[2]" & "White Fang"

That next morning, you woke up to your scroll ringing at 6:18 AM.

You sat up in bed rubbing your eyes before opening one and looking over at your nightstand to the right of your bed and you'd grab your scroll and answer the call.

"Yes...?" You sleepily said, your morning voice coming out naturally.

"Morning (Y/N)." Ozpin's voice came from the other side.

"It is 6:20 AM. With all due respect. What the hell do you need right now?"

"Just to let you know Glynda is still sick, so I was wondering if you'd like to take care of her classes again."

"You called me at 6 to-" You deeply sighed, pinching the bridge of your nose. "Yes, Ozpin. I will take Glynda's classes again."

"Great."

Giving him no more time to speak, you ended the call and set an alarm for 7:30 before placing your scroll back down on the nightstand and falling asleep promptly after.

***

After waking up to your alarm, you'd get ready for the day as you normally would and make your way to Glynda's class.

Walking through the entrance all while sweeping your hair back and out of your face entirely and tying it up behind your head.

You'd reach the middle of the arena and look up towards your first class.

***

In your 4th class of the day walked in a familiar bunch. Team CFVY being a part of that.

Flashback

Team CFVY's class would come inside and take their seats.

Fox walked to his seat, confused on whether his teacher was there.

He tried sensing Glynda's aura, but found it wasn't in the class.

"You gotta see our teacher... There's no way." Yatsuhashi said.

"Well, what a surprise." Coco commented.

"Yes, a sight to behold indeed." Fox said, nodding comically.

"Fox... You're blind." Velvet said.

Fox gasped loudly and dramatically.

"Really? I never knew."

"Enough jokes. The person down there is (Y/N)."

"Oh, the straw hat."

"Yeah."

You'd look their way, and Velvet would smile and wave.

You gave a small smile and waved back.

Flashback End

***

And so, the last class of the day rolled around.

They would all step in and take their seats.

"Welcome back."

"Hi Mr. (Y/N)!" Ruby said excitedly while rapidly waving at you.

"Hello Ruby." You greeted back warmly.

You conjoined your hands before speaking again.

"Now, if you aren't aware, I don't have a clue what exactly these classes teach... Considering I've never been to a combat school. So, for now, this is my class. So, all of you come down here."

"Um..."

"Now."

Everyone made their way down to the arena.