Chapter 5 "Battle" & "Beacon"

'This oughta be fun.'

Stepping from the larger tent were two men, one of which you recognized and one which you didn't. He had on a jacket that was worn like a cape, blond hair, and green eyes.

"I'm here. Who's making a disturbance?"

"That'd be me."

He looked at you with a look of annoyance.

"Your business here?"

"Baldy over there sent nearly 20 people just to kill me. My business? Well, I'm just here to destroy this group."

"Destroy? HAHAHA!!" He laughed. And loud at that.

"What's so funny?"

He wiped away his tears from laughing.

"I just find it funny that you'd come here spewing such delusional things."

"Delusional?" You'd smirk a little. "Just try to even scuff my clothes."

"Those who are arrogant tend to meet a sad death."

"It's not arrogance if I'm truly that strong. I'd like to call it... Confidence."

"Confidence, huh? Well, I'll shatter your confidence."

"Well, then let's fight!"

"Couldn't have said it better myself."

He leapt at you with an attack that you'd dodge.

Looking closely, you saw he had attacked you with a small dagger.

He was light on his feet and not much taller than you, maybe by a few centimeters. Unlike the lug from the bar who stood beside him.

His eyes had been on you as you sidestepped his attack. He'd swap the grip on his dagger to a reverse grip before using his left leg to land on the ground and the right to move himself toward you.

He swiped towards your right side, and you sidestepped to your left, watching your own footwork just to make sure you don't end up tripping yourself or falling.

After switching back the grip on his weapon, he'd slash horizontally across your face, and you'd slightly pull your head back, avoiding the dagger.

He'd thrust his dagger forward, and you'd move your head to the right this time.

With many more attacks and more dodges, you two had moved quite rapidly.

'It may look like he's barely dodging all of my attacks, but really, he's just minimizing his movement just enough to dodge the attack.'

You watch as the dagger comes towards you, even nearing your left eye, before dodging to the right.

'Looks like I'll have to use my semblance...'

Before he had the chance to activate his semblance, the lug from the bar would come slamming down behind you.

You held up your forearm to block the dust kicked up.

"Enough playing around, boss. Let's fight this guy seriously."

"My underling commanding me? I'll have to reprimand you for this later."

"... Ayo?"

They stopped and looked at you.

"I-I'm sorry that was inappropriate."

His hands went to his hips, and he'd grab a weapon from them. That weapon being a whip. Not one, but two.

"... Ayo?"